Thread: Tattoo

Cool Tattoo

Hi all I am thinking of getting a tattoo, I would like to hear from others who have one. what it feels like. And if I get it on an area where I cannot feel my skin will I go AD? Thanks for the info.

I have a few tats.They are addicting.As for how they feel,the outlining and shading hurt the most.You have to have good blood flow or you may run into problems.I say go for it.
    Be yourself!!!
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/vandamnwcbb/
    BMF Sports & LiftWithoutLimits
    Sponsored Athlete
    http://www.bmfsports.com/ATHLETES.php
    www.genegvd.com

I got a tattoo of a kitten surrounded by flowers on my back right shoulder when I was 19. I'm now 33 and looked into getting it removed last year. It cost $60 to get. Will be close to $1000 to get it removed, there will be scarring and it will hurt more than it did to get it.

Think long and hard!

P.S. If you must, double check that the artist uses new sterile needles every time! It's uncomfortable at first, but by the time they are finished the outline, you won't feel anything further. I can't answer as to getting it where you can't feel ...

Yes, there has been at least one journal article about the incidence of autonomic dysreflexia caused by tattooing below the level of injury.

If you are going to get a tattoo, be sure it is not on a weight bearing surface. If it is, and you sit on it during the first few days of healing, it could develop into a pressure ulcer.

Be sure you have a discussion with your physician about AD management and tattooing so that you can get medication if needed to control the AD that may occur both during the tattoo application and during the first 1-2 days of healing.

(KLD)

I got a Tattoo after my injury, about 6 months post actually on my ankle a lttle above. I'm a T11 injury and felt the vibration and not much else. Always was afraid of the pain before my injury so afterwards well no pain --so why not ? I love mine, I designed it and it means something to me. Just make sure you want it for the long run.

mark zupan said he got that BIG tattoo on his leg done after he was injured. they really don't hurt that bad to me but personally i'd be scared of AD gettin one below injury level.

I have a full sleeve, but I am AB. The pain is bearable, it is what it is. I have no regrets. What are you thinking of getting?