Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dodge Sprinter

Dodge Sprinter

Anybody driven the Dodge Sprinter?

Feedback please.

Foolish

I have not, but I have a good friend who has a T4 SCI who has one. He had it modifed with a rear entry lift. It works great for him since he is 6'8" tall, and weighs about #260. He used to drive a Checker, but moved to a van due to shoulder problems with all the transfers.

The main downside is the height. He can't park in any parking garages, or in his garage at home either.

(KLD)

Kld

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse
    I have not, but I have a good friend who has a T4 SCI who has one. He had it modifed with a rear entry lift. It works great for him since he is 6'8" tall, and weighs about #260. He used to drive a Checker, but moved to a van due to shoulder problems with all the transfers.

The main downside is the height. He can't park in any parking garages, or in his garage at home either.

(KLD)
    Thanks for your reply.

I'm assuming at 6'8" he has the raised roof model? My house is on tall concrete stilts with enough room underneath to park a giraffe. I don't go many places with parking garages, but not being able to use them is a minus.

Do you know how long your friend has had his Sprinter? Anything else you can tell me would be great. (i.e., reliability, noise, comfort, handling, brand of lift & hand controls,...)

Thanks,

Foolish

I know my father was looking in to this van. If you get one can you plese let me know how works out. Expecially the hand controls for driving. Cause we have heard from one that we can't and another we can. He did not want to go out and buy this van if he could not convert it later to drive.

Thanks ,
    Tab

PM me with your contact information and I will pass it on to him so you can talk to him directly if you want.

(KLD)

Question Accessible Sprinter van???

Has anyone had a Sprinter van converted to become wheelchair-accessible? Did you have a wheelchair lift installed at the rear of the van? If so, please tell me where you had the conversion done, and are you happy with the Sprinter as an accessible van. Also -- how do you like the rear wheelchair lift? We are having trouble finding anyplace that does wheelchair conversions on Sprinters. Please reply to swilcox916@aol.com. Thanks!

Where to get Sprinter van modified?

SCI Nurse -- Where did your friend get his Sprinter van modified for wheelchair accessibility with a rear lift? We're having trouble finding any company that does this with the Sprinter. Can anyone help with suggestions?

Yes, I have a friend who has a paraplegic injury and who is 6 foot 6" who had one done with rear entry lift. It is really nice, but of course will not fit into most big and home parking garages, which is probably its major drawback. If you want to send me a PM I can put you in touch with him (in Southern California).

(KLD)

The Sprinter has also been discussed in depth on the wheelchairjunkie site.

sprinters are great, i got the chance to ck one out a couple weeks ago (original mercedes version)...had side mounted powered roll-a-ramp..very cool...standard roof...and drive from chair....guy who has it is trading it in this winter for new sprinter w/ diesel engine and 4x4 (not avail in u.s. til jan. 07)......he loves it, has had 5 years or so, i think its an 01 model