Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Stephen Davies Lab Report

Quote Originally Posted by tdelrieu
    Thank you David for this report which gives us some reasons more to believe in a cure of the SCI in the quite next years !

I translated your report for the French-speaking SCI community, in the ALARME's forum.

Regards,
    Thierry
    Never expected this, thank you tdelrieu. How has the response been?

Dr. Davies Lecture

Dr. Stephen Davies, a spinal cord injury scientist at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston and nationally recognized for his outstanding contributions to the advancement of spinal cord injury repair, will present a lecture on his published findings concerning the effects of decorin on SCI. The lecture will be held at Rehabilitation Institute of Michigan’s (RIM) Center for Spinal Cord Injury Recovery (261 Mack, Detroit, MI), on Friday, August 18, 2006, from Noon-1:00 pm. The lecture is free and open to the public. Please call 313-966-3127 to RSVP. I apologize for the short notice, I only found out this morning. I posted under this thread because of the great detail provided on Dr. Davies research by Schmeky.

Wildwilly

Have anybody got any kind of information about that, please?

Quote Originally Posted by sic
    Have anybody got any kind of information about that, please?
    Good question. Anybody?

I was not able to attend on Friday but the lecture was video taped. As soon as I can obtain a copy I will try to figure out a way to post the lecture. Does anyone know the easiest way to do this? I would think that I can have a copy by this Tuesday.

Wildwilly

...well, the thing is to record the video to a DVD (or directly to a PC, it all depends on the PC and video connectors), and then convert the DVD format files to an ".avi" (or some other like this) format fiile. It's no difficult; there are thousands of programs in the net to do that. Finaly, post the ".avi" file, to permit everybody download it (ask the administrator how to do it or send it him/her).

The other way is take a bier (or two, or...) and patiently, manualy transcript the video to a readable document... perhaps it would take a while... :-) but it's effective :-)

David - maybe Stephen Davies has the transcript?

...of course, it's the effectivest way...

Quote Originally Posted by sic
    ...of course, it's the effectivest way...
    Right. I was thinking if David (Schmeky) could ask Stephen since David knows him a little.

Yes! How can i forgot it!
    Dr. Stephen Davies, i've read your posts here, just in this threat before, as a CC member. May you post a transcript or any kind of aditional information about it, if your time, work and other compromising priorities permit you to do so, please?