Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: new return!

Truly great news, Cory!! Always good to hear of someone getting return . Pool therapy is a tough workout, I find. Im with Musclebeach, it knocks the fire outta my legs. That much more impressive of your workouts, man. Congratulations on your continued recovery!! Keep us posted.....John

I get it the same. Can't do anything for a couple of hours afterwards. I think its because I lose all my spasms in the pool and I get a lot of strenght from my spasms.

Also get the same thiredness after sex, but that might be something else

Quote Originally Posted by musclebeach
    Congrats man!

I wish I was energized after the pool therapy! I am USELESS afterwards! I mean absolutely NO energy.

Well once again... good work man!

-Jeff.
    Quote Originally Posted by paolocipolla View Post
    Moe,

I... don't care about what I think ... you should just ignore my posts.

I don't understand ... words.

Paolo

Hey Cory, found the site on swim vests! This site was all out of stock, but i thought maybe you could give me the name of the sports shop you bought yours from at 25 dollars. The web site price was 60 dollars . I'm going to get one asap and head to the lake. I swam first time this weekend since my injury and it was so awesome. (only sci people would understand how awesome it is not to be attached to crutches/walker/wheelchair. I didn't use the vest in the pool because i was able to tread water and swim short distances, but i'm thinking about going to the local lake and walking (using walker) down the boat ramp and swimming. Not sure if it will work, but i'm going to give it a try. I'll stay close to shore!! My German shepherd is going to love it!!!
    Chopperchick, I started my "overcoming paralysis" book this morning. Can't tell you how inspired i am. THANKS!!! I'm coming up on 2 years next month post injury, so was getting a little discouraged. This gave me a new determination!! Have you looked into the Dr. in New Hampshire?

Good deal man. I know that elated feeling when something new happens. I can't wait until I can do my leprechaun jig once more!

the closest i've come to a leprechaun jig was in the pool yesterday. Ha!

Wal-Mart has a good lifejacket for $35 right now. The brand is Stearns

Hey Dennis,

My name brand is X2O, im' not able to find it online for some reason. Says its made by Zak Sports, INc. But I bought it at my local store, here's the website, but the life jacket i have isn't listed! http://www.dunhamssports.com/family/...0&doVSearch=no

I actually only paid 15.00 (store special) orignal price is 29.99 looks just like, but in red and isn't by that name brand. The stores name is, Dunhams Sports Store.
    Last edited by mr_coffee; 07-24-2006 at 03:56 PM.
    Injured:10-16-04
    C7/C8, T1 incomplete;

For stalkers convenience:
    Blog:
    http://www.ordealsonwheels.com/
    Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/coryssanchez
    Progress:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/b290/swooty/
    My drawings:
    http://kanvases.com/sites/corysanchez/home

I'll go to Wal-mart and check to see if ours has one. Thanks!!! We were up your way this last weekend to visit our sons. Roseville just out of Sacramento. That's a great area . our car read 118 degrees in Roseville. Ugh!

15 bucks! that's the deal i'm looking for!! Thanks for the site, will check it out. Chopper Chick also mentioned one at Wal-mart.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis
    I'm going to get one asap and head to the lake. I swam first time this weekend since my injury and it was so awesome. (only sci people would understand how awesome it is not to be attached to crutches/walker/wheelchair. I didn't use the vest in the pool because i was able to tread water and swim short distances, but i'm thinking about going to the local lake and walking (using walker) down the boat ramp and swimming. Not sure if it will work, but i'm going to give it a try. I'll stay close to shore!! My German shepherd is going to love it!!!
    I just got in the lake this morning. I found some water shoes at Lands End and wear my braces with them. I walked right in the water and got on my float. I did all things I used to do except scrape my feet on the bottom.....LOL It was great. I took my cane but ended up not using it. Getting out is a little tricky but I held on to my daughter. My feet were kind of sinking in the dirt.

Good luck with the swim.......I am so excited from just being able to do it again.
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown