Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: quad gut

Thumbs up Great benefits!

• A big gut will definitely help with your center of gravity.
      • if you topple over, your big gut will help prevent that bending at the waist thing and inhibit falling over.
      • you'll fall onto your belly instead of your lap, so it us easier to list yourself back up.
      • a big belly will serve as an effective weeble when you wobble - (see above)
    • Save money on equipment:
      • no need for lap trays - place plates and cups on belly
        (depending on size of bellybutton, it may serve as great cup holder)
      • no need to use pillows when taking a brief nap in chair - just let head rest comfortably on that soft billowy mass
    • Other benefits of the IASI "It's All Sagging Intestine!" theory:
      • helps save money on psychotropic meds to deal with adverse effects of body dysmorphia
      • for Men, they can eat and drink what the want and excuse their ever-expanding gut as a "guy thing" (beer gut), or a "loose intestinal" thing (quad/para gut)
      • for Women, a big gut can help support sagging breasts (that's another quad topic altogether)
    Last edited by chick; 07-16-2006 at 01:33 PM. Reason: adding "women" and "para" to list :)

Huh! This thread is so para-ist. Some of us paras can't move any stomach muscles, so we have bellies too.

Quad gut sucks! Straight up flat out sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun
    Quad gut sucks! Straight up flat out sucks!
    x2. If my abs were nice & tight I'd be better off, as would my lumbar spine.

ROFL, Chick!

Quote Originally Posted by Susan M
    ROFL, Chick!
    Right, but you have to take into account due to an unstable COG (centre of gravity) - harmonic tremors can occur, although this can be a problem it can be handy especially during wheelchair dances, it can help out to get a more stable gyro effect if controlled correctly, but that will require a lot of practise I guess.

I'll take a flat gut for $400, Alex.

Get rid of my quad gut and I'll deal with the balancing issues later. I used to be size 28-29 waist (granted, that was 17 years ago at the time of my injury) but I'm now size 37 and am on an intense diet so that I don't go past that, at least not at a fast rate. What drives me crazier is seeing myself when I'm standing in my standing frame and my pants/shorts are falling off of me.

I hope to lose mine soon but now it does a good job of holding the shower head while I scrub....

Quote Originally Posted by felieh
    I'll take a flat gut for $400, Alex.

Get rid of my quad gut and I'll deal with the balancing issues later. I used to be size 28-29 waist (granted, that was 17 years ago at the time of my injury) but I'm now size 37 and am on an intense diet so that I don't go past that, at least not at a fast rate. What drives me crazier is seeing myself when I'm standing in my standing frame and my pants/shorts are falling off of me.
    lol. yup. i stand up and my dress pants fall down.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

I quit worrying about my "tetra tum" years ago. Let's face it, you only have to look around during the summer to see able bodied blokes walking around with no top on with the most of enormous bellies. Some of the guys are younger than me and they look like they are going to give birth to a small family. They haven't got an excuse, we have. And I totally agree about the balance. My balance used to be terrible in the early days when I didn't have too much of the belly. My balance is absolutely brilliant now, I don't fall forward at all. If you do have a complex about your gut then wear dark clothing, it really does help a lot. During the colder months, I wear a black fleece when I go out and you can't see my belly. Mind you, mine doesn't really stick out at the sides, just out at the front.