Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Evening Care Needed in Santa Cruz

Exclamation Evening Care Needed in Santa Cruz

The Hours:
    7 nights available a week, 7pm-11pm.
    I'd like someone strong to help me swim on either Wed or Fri 11:30-1pm.

Duties: housekeeping & personal hygiene for a 26 year old female quad. Other activities include transfers to and from wheelchair/showerchair, weekly laundry, showering, cat litter removal, grocery shopping & some transportation.

Applicants must have their own transportation & be at least 21. I'm willing to train but experience is a plus. Knowledge about nutrition and exercise a plus.

PM me if interested (phone number deleted at member's request. KLD)
    Last edited by SCI-Nurse; 08-29-2006 at 12:53 PM.

I know someone who would be excellent who lives in

Boulder Creek. Her name is Heather. I've lost contact (moved far away). If you don't get anyone let me know. I'll try to get her #
    Lynarrd Skynyrd Lives

Post on craigslist but be careful. Make sure you have someone with you when you interview.

Try IN-HOME SUPPORT SERVICES

They should have available candidates
    Lynarrd Skynyrd Lives

You might want to include the area code. Not likely to find anyone here as most of the people on this forum are family caregivers.

Have you tried posting flyers at UC Santa Cruz? Students are often good candidates for part time PCA jobs. Another place to look is women's shelters and handing out flyers at area nursing homes at change of shift (off private property).

Are you eligible for IHSS? If so, that is important to know since that establishes your wage. In my county, IHSS does not have a pool of attendants, but you can sometimes get names from the local ILC.

(KLD)

Smile Thanks! Area Code

Quote Originally Posted by sachad

Phone number deleted at member's request. PM for any more information
    I am still looking as one of my caregivers had a car accident; she's ok but shouldn't work 4 a while.
    Last edited by SCI-Nurse; 08-29-2006 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse
    You might want to include the area code. Not likely to find anyone here as most of the people on this forum are family caregivers.

Have you tried posting flyers at UC Santa Cruz? Students are often good candidates for part time PCA jobs. Another place to look is women's shelters and handing out flyers at area nursing homes at change of shift (off private property).

Are you eligible for IHSS? If so, that is important to know since that establishes your wage. In my county, IHSS does not have a pool of attendants, but you can sometimes get names from the local ILC.

(KLD)
    Yes I use IHSS but have some unmet need so I pay a lttle extra. I have a posting at UCSC & Cabrillo. The woman's shelter has provided me with my most loyal & caring worker. I gave my number to a CNA at the hospital to pass around too. I just haven't been getting any responses.

Thanks for the advice though.

Question ?

how do I get my phone number off here? it won't let me edit it.

Members can edit only for a few hours. Only moderators or administrators can edit after that. In the future, I strongly suggest not posting personal phone numbers, e-mail addresses or other identifying data. Ask that others send you a PM (private message on this forum) or set up another e-mail address such as at Hotmail.com that you use only for this purpose.

(KLD)

thanks

Thank you.