Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else see stars?

Anyone else see stars?

I never knew what was happening till recently. When people talk about seeing stars, I thought it was in the cartoons.

It seems to be hooked to strain on the body. Like..during BP, when the lower regions go into the "push" phase, I feel like I am going to faint and there are moving spots in my vision.

It is much worse since things have been changed to the morning. At night it did not have this effect.
    Any idea why this would happen?

Probably has to do with a decrease in blood pressure and blood flow to the head.
    I used to faint all the time, I noted spots, stars, flashes etc.. and then couldn't hear or heard roaring so I would lay down before I fainted. Commonly called the vaso-vagal response.

CWO

And your blood pressure tends to be lower in the morning anyway, right? So that would make sense.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

I used to see purple stars before I passed out in rehab.

I also used to experience a reduction in hearing - for a few moments before a faint I could barely hear anything.

Same with me Keps.......... Stars--> Full White, loss of hearing--------> Nighty nighty.

Happens every morning for me. Another shitty thing about being 6'4"

Quote Originally Posted by Patonb
    Same with me Keps.......... Stars--> Full White, loss of hearing--------> Nighty nighty.

Happens every morning for me. Another shitty thing about being 6'4"
    You faint every morning?

Quote Originally Posted by sjean423
    And your blood pressure tends to be lower in the morning anyway, right? So that would make sense.
    I actually thought blood pressure rose in the morning? Maybe this is just in people with Hypertension.

Quote Originally Posted by gregorious
    I actually thought blood pressure rose in the morning? Maybe this is just in people with Hypertension.

No. It tends to be lower in the morning on account of lying flat all night, then getting upright.

I used to find the faintness the worst in the first few hours of the day - especially just after getting up (I once had to be hoisted out of the shower room in rehab, as I started passing out on the toilet just after getting out of bed).

I fainted this morning as a matter of fact. It hit so fast this morning that I didn't even know I was falling forward until my nurses hand caught me on my chest. I would have hit the floor if she didn't notice. I can usually fight my blood pressure lowering too much by taking deep breaths. The trick is to take the breaths slowly and hold them in for a couple of seconds. It causes the heart to pump larger volumes.

When I pass out I have a few different symptoms. First I can feel it in my head, it feels as if my skull around my temples is getting cold. Then I get a taste and feeling like I've been hit in the nose, without the pain of being hit in the nose. Then the vision loss starts to creep in along with hearing loss. At that time I start to get a pain that feels like needles in my legs and feet. The pain was much stronger in the early stages after my injury. It used to feel like my entire body was on fire. Then I start to lose the messages from my brain to my arms and they jerk with every signal lost. So if I'm pushing myself back to hold from falling forward and the blood pressure drops too much I need someone to hold me up.

If I pass out I need to be leaned forward to bring the blood back to my head. The only thing that works to get my blood pressure up first thing in the morning is a digital stimulation. Once I poo the first amount that's ready and waiting to exit, the blood pressure rises to my regular levels and every symptom starts to disapear and I come back from blacking out. My hearing seems to take the longest to return to normal because all I hear for a while is a screaming noise. It's been getting better with time but I don't think it will ever go away.

Falling out of the chair to hit the head on concrete I saw purple and white, but the ringing in the ears was the capper.