Thread: Spastic or UTI?

Spastic or UTI?

Since early yesterday Mike has been leaking almost every 2 hours big leaks like his bladder fills up and then completely empties.

Then when he trys to cath, nothing, maybe 100ccs. It isn't cloudy or anything because we can see it in the condom cath, so what could it be? he takes ditropan 5mg every 6 hours.. No fever or pain.

Number 1 sign of a UTI in my guy is leaking around his SP catheter. If you think that's it, make'em culture it before giving him antibiotics. Do you know the diff yet between colonized and infection?

Yeah, I learned about that here actually. what is so friggen maddening is I spent all day on the phone trying to get a lab slip to bring in a sample, then when the MA finally calls, they tell me there is Cipro in the pharmacy for him. There was also something else that started with an M?? Can't remember the name. Anyway, I was pissed and I said no I want to know for sure!!!!! So now we have to wait until tomorrow for the doc to call.

We were already at Kasier today for CT's and I brought a urine sample then and they refused it without a stupid lab slip!!

If I were you I'd find a new Doctor.
    Let your Heart be your guide in Life and Love.
    Alice

It takes time with Kaiser. He has a urologist, a neurologist but the primary is worthless and he is the goto guy when the urologist is out like today. Tomorrow will be better.

So now it is like he has no bladder literally. He is just constantly leaking. I feel bad because we only have like 3 condom caths left and IC right now produces nothing.

Probably Macrodantin, which, along with the Cipro, are the usual shotgun antibiotics for a UTI. Chances are, he has something sensitive to those, but I know we went in circles for a long time with a resistant to everything bug.

Could be a UTI but that is a pretty low dose of ditropan.
    Ditropan should paralyze the bladder so that it fills for several hours.

CWO

9:45 and nothing yet from the doctor ARGH!!!

He doubled up on the ditro. Took 10mg. I think some people take xl and thats 30mg right?

XL just means it is the longer acting type

CWO