Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SCIstep

SCIstep

Has anyone been to SCIstep in Ohio? If so, any information would be appreciated. Thanks

I just realized I put this in the wrong thread....please change. thanks
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

I think members have posted about sci-step in the exercise and recovery forum. I was trying to schedule a visit but never made it out there. Too busy.

I hear a lot of great things about it though.

~dan
    Daniel

SCI-Step is an excellent facility. I went there last year from March through August. I was self pay, using money from the insurance settlement from the car that hit me and it was worth every penny. They have all the good equipment for people with SCI and provide a safe environment and good guidance for working out. I was lucky to find them since they're practically in my backyard. I would be happy to answer any specific questions you have about the facility or the area.

JohnB (screenname 490 here) is there right now, I'm sure he'd love to answer your questions....It took him a long time to raise the funds in order to go but it was a huge goal of his to go....Last time I spoke with him, he was really glad he was there.
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......

Quote Originally Posted by Broknwing
    JohnB (screenname 490 here) is there right now, I'm sure he'd love to answer your questions....It took him a long time to raise the funds in order to go but it was a huge goal of his to go....Last time I spoke with him, he was really glad he was there.
    I saw him on their website. He is doing really well. They are taking insurance so Im wondering if I could qualify that way. It has been 17 years since my accident but I developed some bad habits in the way of gait...etc.
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

i love it at sci-step. the people are great to work with and the therapy i've been receiving is by far working. the only problem is i'm having to head home tomorrow because i just fired my assistant a few hours ago so i have no help. once i find a new assistant though i'll be heading back up. give'em a call.
    John-B

Thanks so much for the kind words KP and JB! We take great pride in our facility and the lifelong relationships we make with everyone we come into contact with! We want to help in any way, shape or form!

JB, we are working on this end too...I made some contacts and will pass them a long when they call me back. We miss you a ton! KP, it was great that you stopped in to visit the other day... you look wonderful!

Dan_NC the door is open when your schedule frees up!

Great news to pass along-Tim went home for the summer like he usually does but will be back in Sept for another year! I guess, walking into the Dr. office was proof that this is the place for him!!

Our website is updated and I am happy to speak with anyone that has questions or concerns...we can figure a way so that we can help you out!

Contact me directly at mbrock@sci-step.com or visit our site at www.sci-step.com.

Michele

I have been attending SCI-STEP for 5 months now, and would recommend it to everyone interested in thier recovery. There win at all cost attitude and willingness to put out 110% of thier effort for us, is nothing you will find antwhere else. Although the therapy is extremely difficult, it is the best thing i have done in the 2 and a half years of my injury. If nothing else ckeck out the site and look at all the amizing things we are accomplishing.

Dear Daisy,
    I took my son to SCI-step for 3 months, I had only intended to stay for 30 days so he would not be kicked out of medicare. It was so good I figured we had to stay until I ran out of money. We did and it was well worth it. He is Jack Sparrow. I have posted on care-cure under "There is hope for recovery from spinal cord injury" Sci-step is covered by medicare and so if your doctor will write the prescription I am sure they can work with you either insurance or medicare. It is well worth it! I am hoping to take my son back , it is hard for me as I have to miss so much work. The staff and atmosphere is wonderful and the progress youn will make there is exciting.

Meredith-
    How did you get Medicare to cover Sci-Step & how much of the cost did they cover?
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......