Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Look! I got in our pool!

Look! I got in our pool!

For the first time in almost 5 years I went swimming! My dad and hubby built a 'dipper' ( as my dad calls it) that my hubby designed to use with our ceiling lift! It was awesome, I didn't want to get out! So nice to not be on my butt!

Awesome Emi, totally awesome

JimmyMack
    JimmyMack
    Member: New Jersey Commission on Spinal Cord Reasearch
    http://www.state.nj.us/health/spinalcord/index.shtml

How great that Violet can swim with her mom! Can you show some more photos of your lift set up?

(KLD)

i am so jelous.....good for you.....hubby did good job

That ROCKS Emi!!!! I bet you're gonna be in the pool every day now I bet Violet also enjoyed swimming with mommy just wait for the days of "Marco Polo"
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......

No I'm not hi-jacking the thread. I just got in the water for the first time myself this past Wednesday. It was almost 3 1/2 years for me.
    I'm only T-10 level so I just tread the water to swim around, use the noodles every now and then for a break. The pool is 7.5 feet where I'm at in the pic.

We just put this pool in. Just some landscaping left. We poured the concrete patio yesterday with a stone stamp pattern in buff and choc. color.

-Ed-

<-- green with jealousy here ! You both look happy and comfortable in the pool! I used to love swimming but I haven't been in so many years because of my darn wounds. Sometimes I'm so tempted to just go wheeling into one of the local lakes ... but near Detroit who knows what lurks in there ewww.

Looks like fun all summer!
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer
    ......Sometimes I'm so tempted to just go wheeling into one of the local lakes ... but near Detroit who knows what lurks in there ewww.
    chemicals....lots and lots of chemicals....and byproducts of manufacturing...

I know, I'm so encourging huh? At least it's not a "pyro" lake....Way back when I worked at SeaWorld, I walked barefoot in the lake(same lake the ski show was on(YIKES) to install some lighting equip....when I got out of the water, my feet were ORANGE from the chemical reactions going on in there.....NEVER AGAIN did I willingly enter that water....
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......

Exactly .. sometimes I wonder if I contracted some sort of virus from the pond I swam in all summer long before I became paralyzed which in turn caused Transverse Myelitis. It was surrounded by 3 farm fields, all with pesticide runoff. Fed by a creek which had a landfill about 7-10kms north of it. People were just waking up to such things in 1985.

And here I used to tell my mother that I hated her if she didn't let this 12yr old go swimming in it ... lol ... rotten kid.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

THOSe PICtures made m ynight I coulddl feel your Freedom floatingg in there Im SO ghappy for you.

hugs JO