Thread: Weekend Away

Weekend Away

I'm leaving Friday afternoon, coming back Sunday. Weekend away with my girlfriend. Part of me can't wait ~ other part worried sick.

I am sooooo tired. Last weekend away was almost a year ago. Our daughter is going to spend the weekend hanging out with dad, so I know he'll be well looked after.

Nothing better than a girl's weekend, but I actually wish it was Sean and I going to hang out at the cottage. I feel guilty leaving him. He doesn't have an easy time of it. Truthfully it's pretty miserable. I wish I could give him a weekend of feeling good and enjoying life ~ no pain, no sickness, no bladder infection, and no bloody wheelchair.

I can't, so I'll go and recharge my battery ~ a little wine (probably more than a little), some chips & dip, lots of relaxing on the dock, a couple of nights sleeping straight through, hopefully some laughs, and probably a few tears too.

Good for you. I bet it is hard but don't feel guilty. You will come back feeling better I am sure. Maybe the 2 of you could go away somewhere next.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

Quote Originally Posted by shelley
    I'm leaving Friday afternoon, coming back Sunday. Weekend away with my girlfriend. Part of me can't wait ~ other part worried sick.

I am sooooo tired. Last weekend away was almost a year ago. Our daughter is going to spend the weekend hanging out with dad, so I know he'll be well looked after.

Nothing better than a girl's weekend, but I actually wish it was Sean and I going to hang out at the cottage. I feel guilty leaving him. He doesn't have an easy time of it. Truthfully it's pretty miserable. I wish I could give him a weekend of feeling good and enjoying life ~ no pain, no sickness, no bladder infection, and no bloody wheelchair.

I can't, so I'll go and recharge my battery ~ a little wine (probably more than a little), some chips & dip, lots of relaxing on the dock, a couple of nights sleeping straight through, hopefully some laughs, and probably a few tears too.
    Shelly,
    You said it so well. I know exactly how you feel. Although you are the spouse and I am the Mom, I know what you are going through. Some people that are "caregivers" dont seem to go through as rough a times as others. I was miserable for the first years after Jesse's accident. I didnt care about much. I dont understand how some people can go on as if not much has happened. Maybe that is a good thing, I dont know. I hope you can do the recharging thing and come back refreshed. Try to keep your mind clear and have a good time. Your same life will be waiting for you when you get back but just try and relax and have fun with your friends.

The first time I was relieved of my caregiver duties after about nine months I got really sick, it even hurt to have my lil dog lean against me...you need to take time for you to recharge and gather strengths, physically, mentally and spiritually for the both of you. Sip some wine, shed some tears and miss him while still finding smiles and laughter away with friends that is long overdue.
    "I want to make a difference! However small it may be~ as long as it's a positive one, then this is what my life will have been about and I will go knowing I did my best.~ T.

shlelly...good for u...u deserve a get away. i don't know what u're going through yet...i haven't pressed the issue on a girls get away. my cousin suggested it when we visited this past summer. it's been a little over 2 yrs for me, and i feel at times my body saying slow down.

please let us know how your weekend adventure turned out. don't have too much wine & chips NOT i'm sure we'll all be thinkin about u guys. take care !

I hear ya' sista ...... whenever I've left Bill for any period of time it's been so bitter sweet! Of course we all understand if we don't take care of our selves .... how can we possible extend ourselves to those who need us. That's the cerebral part of us talking ..... our hearts say something very different . We all want so bad for it to be different ... and be able to do the things we used to do "together" or even not together .... our choice ! We have been forced to accept a change none of us would wish on our worst enemy ... we must survive this thing any way we can !

You go ... live in the moment ... savour every second ... it will all be back there waiting for you .. 'cept you'll have more "stuff" stored up to kick this thing in the butt ... for just a little longer .. !

Obieone
    When I sip my chardonnay tonight I'll be thinking of you Shelley .... now scoot ... have fun!
    Oh .. and Stormie .... two years .... too long .. wish I was closer !
    Last edited by Obieone; 07-06-2006 at 09:39 AM.
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

Hi Shelley!

Have a great time!!! You deserve it...We have to keep ourselves strong. We are only alittle over a year out from injury and so I haven't scheduled a getaway yet... but it's coming...

Have a glass of vino for me!

Sieg