Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 163

Thread: Pet Peeves

  1. #121
    When people with SCI Slate others for advocating for a cure. It makes me embarassed to be connected with them via injury. I mean what sort of person would be PROUD to have SCI..........It's just gross. By all means have no interest in it, but to put people down, despicable.

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherrylips
    When people with SCI Slate others for advocating for a cure. It makes me embarassed to be connected with them via injury. I mean what sort of person would be PROUD to have SCI..........It's just gross. By all means have no interest in it, but to put people down, despicable.
    Agreed.


  3. #123
    People who use improper grammar. If it's your mother tongue, use it correctly.

    - "It's" is not "its."
    - "Your" is not "you're."
    - A lot is two words.
    - "Awhile" follows a verb, "a while" follows a preposition.
    - Using "me" is proper English; have no fear using it. Using "I" incorrectly makes you look worse. You and I (subject) went to the store. He gave the drinks to you and me (object).


  4. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Français
    People who use improper grammar. If it's your mother tongue, use it correctly.

    - "It's" is not "its."
    - "Your" is not "you're."
    - A lot is two words.
    - "Awhile" follows a verb, "a while" follows a preposition.
    - Using "me" is proper English; have no fear using it. Using "I" incorrectly makes you look worse. You and I (subject) went to the store. He gave the drinks to you and me (object).
    Oh, thank you Todd!!!! You took the words straight out of my mouth.
    If there is light
    it will find
    you

    --Charles Bukowski

  5. #125
    Right on Todd, you will not find "alot" in the dictionary. A lot of people make that mistake.

  6. #126
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    connecticut
    Posts
    8,272
    confusing two and too and to
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

  7. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Français
    People who use improper grammar. If it's your mother tongue, use it correctly.
    - "It's" is not "its."
    ...
    I just corrected a patent application with at least 50 instances of "it's" where "its" was appropriate.
    - Richard

  8. #128
    since it is pet peeves...

    Quote Originally Posted by buzz_jukey
    This time your neediness has generated a purely gratuitous but Freudian fantasy, Jeffers. I'm sorry to have to dissapoint you, but the scenario you've generated exists, so far, only between those handle-bar ears of your's. Rest assured, however; if we are ever looking for semen to fill in as above, your application will be given the special attention and consideration it so clearly deserves.
    always hearing blah, blah, blah.... everytime this buzzard posts.. you always borrow the book from ''the dictionary duo'', but still... just comes out!!!!





    Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

    If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

  9. #129
    Senior Member keps's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,355
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Français
    People who use improper grammar. If it's your mother tongue, use it correctly.

    - "It's" is not "its."
    - "Your" is not "you're."
    - A lot is two words.
    - "Awhile" follows a verb, "a while" follows a preposition.
    - Using "me" is proper English; have no fear using it. Using "I" incorrectly makes you look worse. You and I (subject) went to the store. He gave the drinks to you and me (object).
    Hey Todd, the word "Alot" does exist -

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alot


  10. #130
    Senior Member Broknwing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    4,742
    Quote Originally Posted by keps
    Hey Todd, the word "Alot" does exist -

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alot

    LMAO....leave it to Keps to find a legitimate use of Alot however now there's gonna be someone posting that their pet peeve is people quoting wikipedia as a reference source....lol
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

    "My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-11-2006, 04:40 AM
  2. FDA Warns Hitachi Unit On MRI, PET Devices
    By weeler in forum Health & Science News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-26-2005, 06:34 PM
  3. Lasers may make PET scans cheaper
    By Max in forum Health & Science News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-18-2003, 12:12 PM
  4. Driving Pet Peeves
    By mk99 in forum Life
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10-17-2003, 03:38 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-04-2002, 04:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •