Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: The F... are they thinking?

The F... are they thinking?

What the hell do people think? My ex wife just lost her job, car, and now she might lose her apartment. It began with me buying her a 1995 Dodge Neon for $300 at a auction. I thought I finally got a break since the tags were up to date. Well we found out the tags belonged to another car when she got pulled over by the police. While in the process of getting the tags, the apartment complex got the car towed for not having the tags up to date. She couldn't go to work because she had no car or a way to pay to get it out of the inpound. She went to let them know about the job and get information about the car. Well I didn't mention she got that aparment thru the government and only pays a part of the full amount of the rent. Well they told her she needs a notarized letter with someone making themselves responsible to pay her rent and bills. And a letter from her job were she did lose her job. My question to the apartment manager is, why did you cause all this to happen? If she lost her job for a lack of transportation, how do you want her to go get a letter from her job and pay a notory for a letter? Did they forget that the government is helping her pay for the apartment because she has very little money? Buses don't run by her place and we could bearly afford for this car and now its $430 to get it out. Why does the apartment complex care if the tags are out of date? IWe're the one that is getting a ticket and the one going to jail if we don't pay the ticket? I feel like they are just harrasing my family for being broke. Is there someone I can call and ask for help? How can a towing service be $430 for 5 days when they are 6 blocks away? Also, they want proof of insurance to get the car out. She didn't have enough to pay for the tags and was working to get it insured and now have no job to even feed our 3 kids. And they want proof of insurance when the car wasn't supposly been driven till we had the tags and the car insured? I can only help her with like $50 to $100 every once in a while.
    AstrO

When you bought the car, why did you not tag the car under her name? Did you just drive the car with tags that came on it from the auction? There is a reason states require people to carry insurance and that is in case you are in an accident, your insurance will pay for damage. Of course they want proof of insurance so you or your ex wont be driving the car again and get into an accident. Your ex broke the law by not tagging the car and getting the proper insurance......and you consider getting a car with an up to date tag a break even though it is not yours??????

You are not going to get sympathy from someone who has been hit by an uninsured driver before........ Follow the law!!!!!

You dont need to blame the apartment manager blame your ex or yourself! I dont think you are being harrassed......you are trying to get by without following the law. NO SYMPATHY HERE!!!!!!!!
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

You are not going to get sympathy from someone who has been hit by an uninsured driver before........ Follow the law!!!!!

You dont need to blame the apartment manager blame your ex or yourself! I dont think you are being harrassed......you are trying to get by without following the law. NO SYMPATHY HERE!!!!!!!![/quote]

I wasn't asking for your SYMPATHY and would follow the law if I had the money to do it. My ex works at an HEB supermarket because that is the only job she has found. She takes care of our 3 kiids(5,9,12) that we had before the SCI. She gets financial aid for her school which she didn't plan to return since I took good care of them financially until the SCI. And honestly has no time to look for another job. I help with what I can but its not nearly enough to pay for their living. And the apartment manager gets paid to take care of the apartments not being a transit police or being in other people's business. So what does the apartmant manager has to do if she is driving breaking the laws? I'm looking for help to geyt get transportation back, NOT SYMPATHY .
    AstrO

sorry about your wifes situation. looking at it from the managers standpoint: if you let one person have an unregistered vehicle, you have to let everyone; the next thing you know the complex turns into a junkyard. most people hate to part with their cars, even if they're junk. there was a situation in camden, nj last summer where 3 young boys suffocated to death after they accidentally locked themselves in the trunk of a junker.

un-insured vehicles on private property (apartment complex) are liability of property owner...renting from them makes it their business...management is owner's rep. they're there to "manage" not to allow laws to be broken...and if she lost her job, how can she "not" have time to look for another?....the insurance and tags were your responsibility...owning a vehicle is a privlege, not a right...

Quote Originally Posted by Rustyjames
    sorry about your wifes situation. looking at it from the managers standpoint: if you let one person have an unregistered vehicle, you have to let everyone; the next thing you know the complex turns into a junkyard. most people hate to part with their cars, even if they're junk. there was a situation in camden, nj last summer where 3 young boys suffocated to death after they accidentally locked themselves in the trunk of a junker.
    o i remember that, the one had a condition of some sort and was on meds. so sad
    Never take life seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway

Frank's blog:
    http://www.franktalk-scurry.blogspot.com
    My regular blog:
    http://www.ithinkithinktoomuchblog.blogspot.com

Dude........there's gonna be a lot of battles to fight over this one. I have driven w/o insurance before, wrong tags, etc. It's not right but I have done it too.

Start with the most important stuff and work to the rest. The towing company will keep charging daily for storage.

Make a list of everything and go from there.

I feel your pain.

I just got fired from my job Friday over a misdemeanor arrest that happened in April. The prosecutor decided to up the charge to a felony two months later after she almost lost the primary election. (Now we gotta clean up this town)

I got my picture on the front page of both local papers (in color, i may add) on all 6 TV news stations, and got led away from my job in handcuffs.

Last week sucked for me as well.

Bicycles are cheap. Three bikes, a trailer or bike attachment for the youngest, helmets, and sunscreen won't run you 430.00. If you can't afford the tags and insurance, you can't afford the car. People are already helping her pay her rent, and maybe helping her feed your kids. Don't be greedy.
    walkin

Quote Originally Posted by Rustyjames
    The thing is that they don't have assigned spaces by the office but everyone respects were each other parks at. Its a small complex of about 30 apartments and its an unwritten rule where everyone parks. She's been using the same parking space for over a year. The motor blew out when the temperature got hot. We borrowed a car and got a permit for the aparments for that one. A week later we returned the car and borrowed a 2nd car and when she went for the permit they asked her to get a car and keep it. Well a month later we got this car and returned the other and they gave her all kinds of excuses about constantly getting permits. They must think she enjoys making them work. If someone complains about taking more than one space I understand, but she is always in the same space.
    AstrO

Quote Originally Posted by walkin and rollin
    Bicycles are cheap. Three bikes, a trailer or bike attachment for the youngest, helmets, and sunscreen won't run you 430.00. If you can't afford the tags and insurance, you can't afford the car. People are already helping her pay her rent, and maybe helping her feed your kids. Don't be greedy.
    walkin
    Its not greed at all. Its cheaper for her not to work but its a condition for her to get help. Get serious, you must not have kids or care very little for them to actually suggest a bike and helmets. They are helping her with the thousands I paid in taxes. I worked since I was 16 and by my 25th birthday I had 2 bodyshops that did well. I remember and have the paper work to prove it that I paid $16,863 in the last quarter of 1999. When my SCI in 2-02-2002 we paid close to $300,000 out of pocket and left my family broke. I had no insurance. I told them to let me die and raise my kids with the money it was gonna take to save me. But they didn't do what I asked. Anyways, if If I paid my taxes, I know I helped others so if you are trying to say that i'm living off of others, I could care less as others have lived of what I paid in taxes in the past too. In my condition I have not thrown my self on the ground and died. I'm living to raise my kids and the help she gets is nothing close to pay for all their needs. Unfortunally I haven't settled in what i'm doing and bed sores among other illnesses haven't help me work properly. So no its not greed at all, i'm sure that the taxes I paid are no where close to what she will get in help before I can start providing enough for my kids again.
    AstrO