Thread: Mobile standing frame or standing chair?

Question Mobile standing frame or standing chair?

I've been meaning to research and buy a standing frame for a while now but keep getting sidetracked. I really want something that I can move around in a little bit, so I can cook and stir-fry stuff in the kitchen and things like that. I've looked around at some of the stuff on the web, and would like to get your input. The Easystand 5000 Mobile http://www.easystand.com/products/5000_mobile.html looks good, anyone have experience with it? If you know of any other good ones let me know. I also came across some standing chairs, and that sounded pretty interesting, anyone know about any of these? I'm certainly not looking to replace my chair, but they sound like they could be very useful for many situations.
    De Omnibus Dubitandum

standing wheelchair

i have used a manual superstand for 12 years. couldn't live without it.
    its made in michigan. thestandingcompany.com

Well so far the Easystand 5000 with the mobile option sounds like the best frame for me, do any other standing frames have a mobile option? I've also been looking more at standing chairs like the Standing Company's manual chair http://www.thestandingcompany.com/pr...wheelchair.php , the Levo Lae http://www.levo.ch/2_Englisch/Produkt_E/LAE_E.htm , and the Lifestand LSA Helium http://www.lifestandusa.com/Index.asp?A=4&Art=27&P=2 What are your opinions on these chairs, and which one would you recommend? I've read posts on the Levo and the Standing Co. chairs, but haven't heard anything about the LSA Helium, does anyone have any experience with that model? Are there other standing chairs out there that I don't know about? Like I said I'm not thinking about replacing my chair with a standing chair due to weight and portability issues, but it could be very useful in certain situations.
    De Omnibus Dubitandum

standing

one huge reason i'd say the superstand is mine has never broke in the 13 years i've used it. its the only chair i use.
    but you have to do whats right for you

Myco, I have a Levo LAE and at least in my case in actual use it is a lot less practical than I thought. They are very expensive and in my opinion not worth the price for most people.

Having said that, I am willing to sell mine for half what it cost me. I have used it occasionally for less than two years or so.
    T6 complete (or so I think), SCI since September 21, 2003

i'm sorry to hear you say that.
    standing is so important for your health, skin breakdown is just one reason and there are countless others.
    at least use it at home

Are there any manual standing chairs that you can move around in while standing?
    De Omnibus Dubitandum

check out ablegaitor.com and if you talk to the lady, please tell her I referred you!!

For a chair that moves while standing you have to look at the very top of the line power chairs. As far as standing frames go, there is an easystand that allows for minimal mobility but it is big and mobility is also not practical.

Swany, I do stand about twice a week for a half hour or so, not enough I know. I would buy a standing frame if I eventually sell the standing chair. Thanks for the advice.
    Last edited by paramoto; 06-30-2006 at 11:46 AM. Reason: added comment
    T6 complete (or so I think), SCI since September 21, 2003

I use a Levo manual standing chair as my regular chair. However, it is rather heavy, so I also have e-motion wheels. The chair can go partially upright to the point that I can still reach my wheels to move around. It is very useful around the kitchen for reaching things and seeing over the cooktop.