Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: another fishin trip

Thumbs up another fishin trip

Last wensday Mattblann came out to oklahoma.

the friday before Matt got here i found out my unlimited horsepower transmission's pan was full of metal shavings, dirt & pieces of unbreakable bands, it needs rebuilt for the 3rd time since feb 2nd of this year.

i tell matt he might want to cancel, may not have any transportation, he says well you drove it to the shop didnt ya, yep, you got tripple A road service, yep

so we go ahead with plans, wensday i had some extra time on the way to the airport so i stopped & got some beer, throw it in the back seat box breaks cans everywhere & i notice my 22 riffle still in the back seat, i thought oh well wont see any cops at airport anyhow. Matt calls soon as i turn into airport i missed stop so had to circle around, by this time a helpful security guard and a cop were coming to help Matt load up, im thinkin damn this might not be good, i shut truck off start getting out hear matt open passenger door & the sound of a beer can rolling out, welp hope he dont see the gun, about 2 seconds later security guy says hey your not supposed to have guns at airport, i looked at cop he just smilled turned around walked off, security guard said next time you come to the airport dont bring guns & beer

anyhow guard loads suitcase & says he can help matt in, i start loading up on drivers side lift seat, wishing i was gone already.

finally were on the road headed for topeka kansas home of some great fishing & pretty girls we get to ks way later than expected matt kept sayin damn were gona be to late for pizza, plan call cqc have her order, his phone battery was dead & my phone works sometimes. finally matt talks to cqc we get to hotel check in, cqc & her mom show up without pizza but there nice enough we let that slide Carries mom visited for awhile then went home, then we just set around told a few lies & drank lotsa beer until about 5am then cqc went home,

the next day Carrie her bro, his gf & the lil one picked us up at hotel they took us on a tour of topeka, and her place, she lives in a nice quiet neighborhood close to fun stuff like good fishing holes & couple blocks from a swimmin pool, i wanted to do some fishin up there but then matt had a blow out on his wchair, Carrie took us to tire shop then we talked about going to a movie but i wouldnt go unless i could see Cars. then we decided maybe just dinner, nope, timing was off on everything i guess, ended up just coming back to okla.

we got home drank several more beers, next mornin matt cooked bfast, then we were ready to catch some fish, to windy to do lotsa casting for bass, so went got few worms for catfish. i had my phone on charger but it didnt charge, so now we got 2 dead phones, matt says you sure u wana leave without charging phone, i didnt say nothin but was thinkin damn were just goin fishin

we stock up on beer get to pond drink beer shoot 22 & ak47 for awhile hoping wind would die down. no luck, so we start fishing was catching about as fast as hook hit water, but pond was real low a 2gimp man job to get fish up the bank. we put fish in with beer & somehow ended up with worms & dirt in beer to, lol

we figured 6 fish was plenty for a meal so we load up everything Matt gets in truck but my lift seat is broke i cant get in. Matt charged his ph a lil at cqc's house & tries to call several people no answer. i close door tell Matt were my Dad lives, he laughs says well it was nice knowing you anyhow then i realized Matt showed up out here in bfe pitch black of night, he started asking north south e&w i was thinkin damn there prolly not enough beer for me to set here 24hrs, then Matt says come around to passenger side i think i can drag you in the truck, sounded crazy but i thought at the worst i can just lay around instead of set & wait for help.

i go around passenger side, seats 42" high, Matt gets ahold of me under my arm picks me up almost high enough for seat, im thinkin shit now were in hellofa fix if he drops me im hitn ground not chair. after about 25 or 30 minutes of tugging & twisting he got me in truck, Matt done almost all the work but i was wore out just tryin to hang on whatever i could. if we would have had a cam we coulda made a great extreeme transfers video for cc.

Matt drives truck to my dads, dad came down got chair from the pond put me back in then tried to figure out why seat broke, no luck, so called my brother who put seat in, figured out lift switch had stuck burned out a fuse inside the motor. it has a relay inline so just direct wired motor works great.

while was getn truck fixed Matt was cutin up fish, friedem up had some okra on the side made a good meal. he also made some of best tacos i ever had.

the last night here Matt kept sayin i just wanta get f'n drunk!! i thought we already were? he starts shotgunning beers, i tried one decided i to old 4that, Matt later paid the price for shotgunning, i never seen a guy laughing his ass off everytime he puked, lol

anyhow next mornin we take off for airport get about mile dwn road ran over a calf didnt kill calf but later found out broke my bumper & ruined front fender. then i realized we forgot to unload the guns, i tell matt incase he wants to avoid any possible airport probs, he says fukit, exactly what i was thinkin, lol

i drove over 800 miles listening to Matt & Carries type music not sure if its classified as heavy metal or screaming emo's, lol, i didnt know waylon & willie were outa style yet

72 beers in 4days plus an unknown number from my fridge

yep it was fun

hope someday we can do it again maybe get a few kansans dwn this way

Thanks Matt & Carrie

Good story, but it's nothing without pictures. Post some!
    Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

Glad yall had fun. Glad you didn't get Carrie in trouble! I can't believe Matt hauled you into that truck-those muscles come in handy.

Reading that whole thing, I was thinking "I'm 2 old."

don't you cc guys do anything but fish?
    An administrator made me remove my signature.

didnt have time to think about taking fish pics, truck was broke & fish needed cut up asap.

a few drinkin pics, and one of matt unloading stuff in tulsa, Matts on a 6" curb in pic makes truck look closer to ground.

Quote Originally Posted by feisty
    don't you cc guys do anything but fish?
    well i drink about anything except heineken

Damn, that trip was fun as hell. Carl did mention that he likes to go 70 mph on dirt roads with loose gravel or the hellacious thunderstorm they had one night I was out there. The next day I had to get a toad that crawled in the house. They have some crazy insects out there with florecent lights in their asses too. The last night I was there we were completely shitfaced drunk so I'm not gonna post the pictures. Most fun I've had in a long time definitely. Cuttin up those fish wasn't pretty man. They were still breathin when I cut their heads off. Tasted pretty good. It's nice being at the top of the food chain.

My mom is still embarrassed about getting locked IN the hotel room. Apparently, the door lock wasn't working...mm hmm. Or when Carl rolled 2 blocks uphill to get cigarettes and came back huffing and puffing and sweating. It was fun. The look on Carl and Matt's faces when Matt blew his tire was priceless too. Leaking air is bad news. Next time Betheny, you better be packed and ready.
    If there is light
    it will find
    you

--Charles Bukowski

And you know you like lightning bugs now Matt!
    If there is light
    it will find
    you

--Charles Bukowski

Quote Originally Posted by CurlieQCarrie
    And you know you like lightning bugs now Matt!
    Proof that they DO indeed exist and some people thought that we were making them up.....
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......