Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Dr. Douglas Kerr - Stem cells regrow damaged nerves in rats: study

The information that IMHopeful posted is correct. Did you listen to the podcast? There's not a whole lot more to make out of it. It's all in the recently posted 20 minute podcast. Dr Kerr is doing some fantastic work in his Phase 3 ALS clinical trial, and research work with TM at Biogen. Nothing troubling about that. The only troubling thing is "incorrect information" posted that people then take as "fact" and attempt to hype even more with second hand gossip and conjecture. Doug Kerr, M.D., Ph.D. is a Medical Director in Experimental Neurology at Biogen Idec and the lead on their newly launched Phase III clinical trial in ALS. The research being performed at John Hopkins is fantastic also. There's no benefit to misrepresentation.
    Last edited by GRAMMY; 07-26-2011 at 10:11 PM.

Sadly and sickeningly it is true

I agree. The research being conducted at Johns Hopkins is fantastic. I thank the Lord for them and pray for them daily. But one bad apple can spoil the bunch and do a lot of damage. It gives me no pleasure to harm be the messenger, but Dr. Kerr did the damage himself. If you don't believe me, maybe you will believe the court documents supplied by Johns Hopkins in defense of this lawsuit:

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m.../ai_n56375098/.

I loved Dr. Kerr too and trusted him. But when I think that my child could have been treated and put at risk because of his fraudulent research it makes sick and so angry I could scream. Now he is trying to make more money from this by suing Johns Hopkins. I don't think he will win. Another Dr. at JOhns Hopkins who used to work with Dr. Kerr told me that the NIH has investigated and also found him guilty.

More conjecture?
    What is your motive?
    You've appeared twice now to post the same exact article. Why?
    (Your first and only post on this forum less than a month ago wasn't true at all.)

You clearly stated that Dr. Kerr wasn't conducting research at Biogen and was nothing but a low level administrator in drug development.
    NOT TRUE
    The National Institute of Health has suddenly become a judicial body?
    NOT TRUE

You appear yet again a second time to "trial and convict" someone because of hearsay that someone supposedly told you? You represent it here on the forum like you have the (facts), which clearly you do not. You're working over the trial of public opinion pretty hard here. Yes? Why do you suddenly come here twice in a month to slander someone secretly on a large public forum?

Obviously you think you have a "stake" in how his lawsuit turns out...

{However, the university incorrectly concluded that Kerr had made the alterations, and "without basis or reasoning" rejected the confession of a lab technician who later admitted fault, the suit alleges.
    Investigators never even interviewed a second lab employee who submitted a sworn statement that she witnessed the technician alter the data, Kerr says.}
    http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m.../ai_n56375098/

Again, there is no benefit to misrepresentation. I might also add, no benefit to throwing the "bad apples"...

Until the lawsuit concludes, I find your sudden appearance, credibility and ulterior motives highly suspect!
    Adios until next month.
    Last edited by GRAMMY; 08-14-2011 at 03:24 AM.

+1
    Logged on just to upvote Grammy's reply!
    ______
    Awe at my magnificent coq!

"You may say I'm a dreamer
    but I'm not" - J. Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by Delano070 View Post
    I agree. The research being conducted at Johns Hopkins is fantastic. I thank the Lord for them and pray for them daily. But one bad apple can spoil the bunch and do a lot of damage. It gives me no pleasure to harm be the messenger, but Dr. Kerr did the damage himself. If you don't believe me, maybe you will believe the court documents supplied by Johns Hopkins in defense of this lawsuit:

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m.../ai_n56375098/.

I loved Dr. Kerr too and trusted him. But when I think that my child could have been treated and put at risk because of his fraudulent research it makes sick and so angry I could scream. Now he is trying to make more money from this by suing Johns Hopkins. I don't think he will win. Another Dr. at JOhns Hopkins who used to work with Dr. Kerr told me that the NIH has investigated and also found him guilty.
    Delano,
    I understand you are very angry. I have learned to respect emotions especially anger. I believe you must have good reasons to feel like that.

Now what it metters is that the truth comes out and if you know facts that can help to find out the truth make the best you can with them.

Then find peace reinventing yourself if it is necessary.

Aristotle does not deny anger a place in the behavior of a good person, but says it should be "on the right grounds and against the right persons, and also in the right manner and at the right moment and for the right length of time".[63] People can get this wrong in numerous ways, and Aristotle says it is not easy to get right. So in this case as with several others several distinct types of excessive vice possible. One of the worst types amongst these is the type which remains angry for too long.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicomachean_Ethics

I am not going to get into this "investigation" as I really don't have time, but I hope the truth will come out.

Paolo
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

Quote Originally Posted by paolocipolla View Post
    Now what it metters is that the truth comes out and if you know facts that can help to find out the truth make the best you can with them. Then find peace reinventing yourself if it is necessary.
    Paolo, the statements presented so far did not help any truth come out. The person was so clueless they don't even know where Dr. Kerr works, or what he does! It's simply defamation and garbage. That's the fact.

Reinventing oneself is fine, but reinventing others is not. I don't believe there is any anger or need to be.

People imagine themselves as quite stealth and untouchable with defamation of character until their IP address is tracked. That's when they actually become quite "sad and sickened", not prior to that unless they want their names added to the defamation lawsuit or are attempting to taint a judgement. Either way I take grave offense to the obvious attempted manipulation of facts and infringment of rights.
    Last edited by GRAMMY; 08-14-2011 at 06:36 PM.

I see that the last post on this subject is a couple of months old...but I'll throw my 2 cents in here....

I know for a fact that Dr. Kerr left Johns Hopkins on his own free will...as I am good friends with Dr. Kerr's cousin, whom I happen to know, because we both have Transverse Myelitis and this person stays in frequent contact with Dr. Kerr.

The thing that does trouble me though, is the fact that it seems that Dr. Kerr is now working on other projects instead of concentrating solely on a cure for TM.

I just came across this article today....which I would have expected Biogen Idec to be on the list of top companies for stem cell research for a cure for TM...and they aren't...
    http://seekingalpha.com/article/2987...m-cell-company

I have an email out to my friend that is Dr. Kerr's cousin and will hopefully get some first hand info soon.

I want this info because I run some TM support groups and Facebook pages....and I want to make sure that I get the correct info to my members.....

Be well.....
    Kevin

Goes by the moniker, "Gunny," right? That's Dr Kerr's cousin. Former Sheriff's Deputy? I remember being in contact with him several, several years ago.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    Goes by the moniker, "Gunny," right? That's Dr Kerr's cousin. Former Sheriff's Deputy? I remember being in contact with him several, several years ago.
    Yes...that is correct...he goes by Gunny....Richard Boyle is his name...
    he and I are good friends and we work together in a non-profit organization called the International Disability Coalition...to help raise funds that go to TM research...

I actually just got a note back from "Gunny" and he laid it on the line, regarding what Dr. Kerr is doing....
    Quote...
    Yes he is, but he's just not concentrating on TM anymore. He's concentrating on any Neuro Disease with the potential of finding a cure for all. Since TM is considered an orphan disease, more people are likely donate monies to any sort of development that cures ALS, MS, and the like. If there's a cure for one, then there's a cure for all. Motor Neuron Disease encompasses TM as well as ALS etc.

So...there we have it.....

Waiting for some breakthrough for years but nothing yet.