Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What Kind of Cell Phone Do You Have? I need a new one

What Kind of Cell Phone Do You Have? I need a new one

So I sat on my phone last night and broke it and before you make any fat jokes, it was dark and I couldn't see it sitting open on my wheelchair. I got out of bed to get some aspirin and felt something funny under my bum and grabbed ahold of my cell phone, dangling together limply.

I have Verizon Wireless and would like to keep it. For those of you who recently bought a new cell phone, what did you get? Everyone else, what kind of phone do you have and what do you like/dislike about it?

Hey Matt-
    Get the LG Vx 8100
    great battery life, the camera is better than the 6100, it also has MP3 player and video capabilities as well. It's also bluetooth, but I haven't played with that at all myself yet....(and yes, this is a verizon model )
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......

cheap Nokia non-flip something. 3-day battery life w/ moderate use, can survive being left in the rain, does what I need it to... no camera/bluetooth/whatever.

I tend to break flip phones.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Pruett
    cheap Nokia non-flip something. 3-day battery life w/ moderate use, can survive being left in the rain, does what I need it to... no camera/bluetooth/whatever.

I tend to break flip phones.
    I must say that those cheap 'ol Nokias can take quite the beating....I remember dropping my old 5100 from a 30 foot catwalk and it still worked no problem....
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

oooh both of those sound intriguing.. Scott, do you have Verizon? Having a phone survive the rain would be an awesome thing. I am sick of breaking/ruining phones by dropping them or getting them wet (or now, sitting on them lol).

MP3's would be sweet too though- do you have an actual song play when the phone *rings*, as opposed to just a ring tone? That would be cool
    Last edited by MattGimpin; 05-23-2006 at 04:58 PM.

i've been lazy on that matt, but yes you can....you can buy the memory cards (mini SD) from best buy for better price than verizon sells them for, but my best buy is always out of stock...lol...

btw matt, if yer handy, i can tell ya how to build a "dry box" if you get your phone or other electronics wet THAT often....
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

Matt - I have Cingular. Phone model is 6010.. granted I have it in a leather case, but yeah I dropped it off my front walk out of reach & it sat in the mulch through a storm. I used to have a nicer Samsung flip but destroyed it in < 9 months & figured I'd downgrade just to save some $$$. Haven't regretted that decision, although I miss the speakerphone at times.

I like the Moto Razr flip phone. Camera, video, bluetooth (haven't played with that either), a handy speakerphone that I use to call work with when driving instead of holding phone up to ear and trying to drive with thumb ( ). You're supposed to be able to use a data cable to transfer pictures from camera phone to computer ... but I haven't been able to get this feature to work. Can do it from camera phone via internet for a small fee.

Comes in blue, pink, silver or black. It's thin too. Love that feature!

My ring tone is 'Start Me Up' by the Rolling Stones ... not of that midi crap.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

I have a treo 650 and it's probably a bit much. It has an mp3/video player that plays at about 320x320 so I can watch Futurama eps. There's an Email app so I can check multiple accounts, a keyboard so I don't have to mess around pressing a button more than once, video recorder, and pretty much anything any other palm os handheld will do (ftp,ssh,vnc,tv remote, etc). It's way expensive though. I think I got it for about $550 with a $100 discount.

Here's the model that I still use:

But seriously, I was talking to my cousin in Hawaii who was on a cell phone while he was driving in his car. After we were almost through with our conversation he said that he had in on "speakerphone". It sounded as good as a land line, no extraneous noises or hissing, humming or road noise. I was really impressed. I don't know the make or model but I would definitely get one with the speakerphone option. Hands free communication.

The camera/video option is nice too. But when you start getting too many options like email and a keyboard I imagine they start getting rather big in size. And those teeny-tiny keys must be a real pain in the arse to use.... especially if you have any limited hand function.

I don't have a cell phone... these are just some of my thoughts and very limited experience with them.
    "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle." - Philo of Alexandria