Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Exercises at home & facility .pdf

It is incomplete injury. Below naval nothing works. Spasticity is very high.

OK, is he taking any medication against spastic? Does he have any type of physical therapy going at the moment? Your profile is incomplete, so if you could, give me some more specifics regarding his injury level, which state he lives in, general health, does he have heath insurance, and so on.

If he has to do everything himself, as a minumum, he needs to stretch daily, do range of motion excercises daily, and get a standing program up and running using a standing frame. The ROM and streching should help lower his spasticity, and then getting him into a standing frame afterwards are important first steps. Depending on further information, we can then go on with what type of excercises he should do.
    "So I have stayed as I am, without regret, seperated from the normal human condition." Guy Sajer

this a good site with exercises for specific SCI's

http://www.physiotherapyexercises.com/
    "while the difficult takes some time, the impossible just takes a little longer"

Banned
    that is a great site, it's so hard to keep fit in a chair. But now that the snow has gone up here things should be easier. I miss skiing though!

Quote Originally Posted by nafi
    this a good site with exercises for specific SCI's

http://www.physiotherapyexercises.com/
    Awesome Site thank you Mona

thanks for the PDF loads of stuff to work through.

hi Liz, my brother is 24 with L1 complete, i am trying to find the exercise program that you talked about!!! could not find it

Quote Originally Posted by Nissanz View Post
    hi Liz, my brother is 24 with L1 complete, i am trying to find the exercise program that you talked about!!! could not find it
    http://sci.rutgers.edu/Exercise.pdf

Good luck!
    "So I have stayed as I am, without regret, seperated from the normal human condition." Guy Sajer

Hi! I know of a current article that was done on assist cycles including the ones you've mentioned in Special Living Magazine, Summer issue. There is also a motor-assisted stationary cycle for arms and legs similtaneously from Assistive Therapy Solutions called the eVO cycle - the arms are adjustable, seat height adjustable, and 5 speeds. (www.assistivetherapy.com) You need to take a look at the 3 videos on the News Section. They are usually at the World Congress on Disabilities, Nov. 21-22nd, 2008 in Jacksonville and the East Coast Abilities Expo's.

Really exercising can keep you fit.....