Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Exercises at home & facility .pdf

Exercises at home & facility .pdf

I have a 7 mb .pdf file of basic exercises for wheelchair users I scanned that I will upload to the site if the moderators are intetrested. The contents are:
    Program overview
    Exercises at Home
    Exercises at an exercise facility

The exercises likely are not applicable to everyone, as we are all obviously at different physical and function levels. But, a good resource for those of us w less function.

Liz, do it up! Your right, many people have much more limited abilities than others. I´ll sticky the .pdf file and keep it up top. Not for nothing but is it copyrighted? If it is, I may have to ask for permission first.
    Last edited by Mike C; 06-16-2006 at 04:20 PM.
    "So I have stayed as I am, without regret, seperated from the normal human condition." Guy Sajer

You could just write

"Borrowed from (insert whoever copyrighted it here)
    Copyright (insert whoever copyrighted it here)"

-Jeff.
    IMPOSSIBLE IS JUST A BIG WORD THROWN AROUND BY SMALL MEN WHO FIND IT EASIER TO LIVE IN THE WORLD THEY'VE BEEN GIVEN THAN TO EXPLORE THE POWER THEY HAVE TO CHANGE IT. IMPOSSIBLE IS NOT A FACT. IT'S AN OPINION. IMPOSSIBLE IS NOT A DECLARATION. IT'S A DARE. IMPOSSIBLE IS POTENTIAL. IMPOSSIBLE IS TEMPORARY.

IMPOSSIBLE IS NOTHING.

The file is too big to upload it, I think you need moderator permission Mike, since ur one!. No, it is not copyrighted it was put together by those in the field who taught a class for pwd for something I won once. Just simple exercises for ppl in chairs, low function.
    Last edited by Lizbv; 06-16-2006 at 04:29 PM.

Thumbs up exercize at home

i'm a c-5/6 quad and got my Saratoga cycle the 1st of june.
    I use the handbike and a standing frame.
    I burn an average of 800 calories a day on the the handbike. I notice I sleep all the way through the night and my endurance has improved quite a bit.
    I bought the limited handgrips so i don't have to depend on anybody putting on the mitts. Man, I tell you I really love it.

Hi Mikey
    How much did you pay 4 it?
    I think I'd like to get one
    Great you are sleeping thru the night!

"So I have stayed as I am, without regret, seperated from the normal human condition." Guy Sajer

Thanks for scanning that! I never thought about using bands in some of those ways.

-Jeff.
    IMPOSSIBLE IS JUST A BIG WORD THROWN AROUND BY SMALL MEN WHO FIND IT EASIER TO LIVE IN THE WORLD THEY'VE BEEN GIVEN THAN TO EXPLORE THE POWER THEY HAVE TO CHANGE IT. IMPOSSIBLE IS NOT A FACT. IT'S AN OPINION. IMPOSSIBLE IS NOT A DECLARATION. IT'S A DARE. IMPOSSIBLE IS POTENTIAL. IMPOSSIBLE IS TEMPORARY.

IMPOSSIBLE IS NOTHING.

I agree - those are awesome!
    Make America Sane Again. lol

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

yea I will look n see the brand of my bands if anyone wants to get some. they fit up on the door too. good luck everyone. maybe we should start a thread on what works best for us, if this benifits/ our strength/ endurance/etc.