Thread: tires

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

tires

I am going to go with pneumatic tires when I get my new chair. I want a tire with low tread like a v-track but not a high psi (+100).

The low tread is more suitable for my needs and the lower psi (65-75?) should be a little less maintainance.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Buy this...

http://www.id-usa.com/product.asp?CID=15&PID=17 (I like mine)

and just go with the VTrack if you want that style tread, 100 psi is really easy to keep up. My tires drop to 70 in about 2 weeks, and a fresh shot up to 110 psi makes the chair fly in comparison after a refill, lots less rolling resistance with the right tires and nice high pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    do they have these at walmart or would a parts store have them? i could use something like this. price range??????

Quote Originally Posted by rollin64
    do they have these at walmart or would a parts store have them? i could use something like this. price range??????
    I got a portable battery powered one from Wal-Mart. It lasts several months on a charge. I keep it in the car and take it to rugby with me. I also have one that plugs into the wall to keep in the house.
    Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by rollin64
    I mailordered mine, so I dunno.

I have air pumps/ I just don't have the hands to fill them myself so filling them every week or two involves getting help more often.

I have an air compressor just like that but with an adapter for the outlet in my car. Just came back inside from filling up my primo cross-courts. They were down to 70, and now back up to a rock hard 110. Just watch storing the tires in the car at 110 psi for any length of time if it's hot out. KABOOM. Found that out the hard way.

How about those little portable compressed CO2 tanks. Something like that would work. The high pressure tires really push themselves, and would be a great investment if you could find a way to maintain them.

Has anyone tried Kenda Iron Cap tires?

Im using the Iron Caps..