Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spinner Knob?

Spinner Knob?

Do those of you that have good use of your hands and trunk use a spinner (suicide) knob when driving? I find it a little tricky to make big turns & U turns with one hand.

Foolish

I do not use a spinner, but know people my level that do (T6).
    T6 complete (or so I think), SCI since September 21, 2003

I have one but don't use it.
    Paralyze resistance with persistence.
    T-12

I prefer to use a spinner knob...was just recently thinking of posting a poll question about this myself....
    What I did for with my portable hand controls....Go to Tractor Supply Company, buy a tractor one for $10, go to Lowes and buy a couple longer bolts and nuts so that it'll fit on any steering wheel...you're all set for under $15 and you have your choice of colors(mine is Dale Jr Red )
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......

Quote Originally Posted by paramoto
    I do not use a spinner, but know people my level that do (T6).
    Thanks for the feedback. I seem to remember you posting in the Florida forum that you're in South Florida? If so, who do you use for Mobility equipment? I visited Buddy's Sunset Mobility yesterday. I would like to check out other vendors.

Foolish

Quote Originally Posted by Broknwing
    (mine is Dale Jr Red )
    of course it is....

Good Tip!

Quote Originally Posted by Broknwing
    I prefer to use a spinner knob...was just recently thinking of posting a poll question about this myself....
    What I did for with my portable hand controls....Go to Tractor Supply Company, buy a tractor one for $10, go to Lowes and buy a couple longer bolts and nuts so that it'll fit on any steering wheel...you're all set for under $15 and you have your choice of colors(mine is Dale Jr Red )
    Thanks 'Chelle.

Foolish

I lived in South Florida for 18 years, and was hospitalized at Jackson and did my inpatient and part of my outpatient there. When I had my permanent hand controls installed I did use Buddy's near US 1 and probably around 127th or so, near The Falls. I had my HC installed in January of 2004, have given it 0 maintenance since (no one qualified where I live) and have had no problems with it at all. I seem to remember somebody else in Broward county, but Buddy's worked out well for me.
    T6 complete (or so I think), SCI since September 21, 2003

I'm a C5-6 incomplete with limted hand function and use a $45.00 spinner knob with a quick release button which allows my wife or other drivers to quickly and easily remove the knob from the bolt on bracket. I could not locate a similar one at a tractor supply.

Same Buddy's

Quote Originally Posted by paramoto
    I lived in South Florida for 18 years, and was hospitalized at Jackson and did my inpatient and part of my outpatient there. When I had my permanent hand controls installed I did use Buddy's near US 1 and probably around 127th or so, near The Falls. I had my HC installed in January of 2004, have given it 0 maintenance since (no one qualified where I live) and have had no problems with it at all. I seem to remember somebody else in Broward county, but Buddy's worked out well for me.
    Yeah, it's just off 128th. Glad you had a good experience w/them.

Foolish