Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roho Quadtro

Roho Quadtro

Anyone here uaing a Roho Quadtro cushion? My seating person suggested it to counteract the some of the lopsidedness of my curve and sunken right shoulder. This cushion can inflate to different pressures on each side.

I've used every other type of Roho in the past - currently on an Enhancer.

Alan

I've got one Alan. It's got 4 separate sections each with own valve. It helps a little-not much though. WR

im using one too, it helps straighten my hips as i have ossification. it helps relieve the pain.

look into it and see if you want the old style or new. quadtro's are all i've had and they've changed in the last 2-3 years. my original had the 4 individual stems. the newer ones (quadtro select) have one fill valve stem and control valve with a slide that controls air flow from one section to the other. idea being, you overfill, sit on it with the valve open and gradually let air out until you reach the recommended minimum height or point it works for you. then you slide the valve over the air is maitained in each of the 4 sections. i'm a t4-6 complete para and really thin/bony in the butt and this cushion has been great for me. (oh, high profile too)

free to be me

The new Quadtro is the only cushion my son's been able to use wo getting pressure marks/sores. We do check it every day before he gets in it to make sure it's inflated correctly.

What does the Quadro offer as opposed to a high profile single compartment?

Thanks

As the name implied, the Quadtro allows the four quadrants of the cushion to be individually adjusted rather than having just one pressure setting throughout as with a standard Roho. This can be especially helpful for those who have pelvic obliquities, scoliosis or have had previous flaps or ischiectomies.

(KLD)

Originally posted by Stratman:

look into it and see if you want the old style or new. quadtro's are all i've had and they've changed in the last 2-3 years. my original had the 4 individual stems. the newer ones (quadtro select) have one fill valve stem and control valve with a slide that controls air flow from one section to the other. idea being, you overfill, sit on it with the valve open and gradually let air out until you reach the recommended minimum height or point it works for you. then you slide the valve over the air is maitained in each of the 4 sections.
    A slight correction. Sitting on the cushion with the slider on green (open) allows air to move between chambers -- it does not let air out of the cushion. Sliding it to red simply stops that movement. Opening the inflation valve (different from the slider) releases air.

The only thing I didn't like about the original Quadtro was that the valves were easily crushed, rendering the cushion worthless. The Select has just one valve and, in my opinion, is a better cushion.

Hubby has taken delivery of one of the new QS, has been on it 30 days. In the last 30 years he has always been 'on air'. The last 2 cushions were a standard roho and a 3 valve custom roho. This was before the QS. Make sure you ask for the slide lock that they have just come out with. We should be getting his in the next few weeks. And yes in 30 days we can see a difference in his curve.

Has anybody here tried the Vicair Independence maxPro seat cushion from Independence Technology? http://www.independencenow.com/maxpro/

Somebody that I know who had a persistent decubitus for 8 months while on a Roho switched to this cushion and the pressure sore resolved in a few weeks. I was impressed.

Wise.