Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wow, good luck for a change!

Cool Wow, good luck for a change!

I won two free tickets to a concert next week. Doubt I'll go though, but maybe I can sell them.

My day didn't start out that good though. I had an appointment with my urologist in Jackson today to do my anual bladder tests. The doc came in and said I was up next and it would be about 10 minutes. About 20 minutes later he comes back and said the machine broke and I'd have to come back, and the earliest appointment is next month. I'd already waited three months for this appointment.

I was starving and I had planned to fill up my car with biodiesel before going home. There is a biodiesel station that I always fill up at when I'm over there, so headed there first. I pulled into the biodiesel station and the pumps were covered with bags and the store was completely empty. A sign was taped to the door that said "Earth Biofuels is closed we will no longer be open for business."

I sit there in shock for a minute, then decide to just go home because I lost my apetite. I got back on the highway, turned on the radio and heard "be caller #10" or something like that, so I dialed the number. I get a "call failed" message, so I just hit retry on my phone which makes it keep trying the number and ring when it finally connects. A few seconds later it rang me, and a guy said "hello." I said "am I caller 10," he said "yes" and I was thinking holy shit, this kinda stuff never happens to me. I knew they were going to replay me on the radio so I didn't say that out loud.

Anyway, here's the concert I won tickets to: http://rock939.com/new/concerts.html

I've never been to this place before, but I know where it is. It's in an old part of downtown Jackson. I'd been to a few bars around the same part of town pre-injury, so I'm pretty sure it's not going to be accessible.

If I do end up going, I don't know who to give the other ticket to. Maybe it will sell out and I'll just take my pick of hot chicks standing ouside.
    Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.

You must go!! Buckcherry Rocks On!!! Trust me...there will be A LOT of hot chicks there. The ladies dig Josh Todd aka lead singer!

If it's NOT accessible to get in...they have bouncers and security there for a reason and they WILL carry you up and down any stairs and find you a good spot. Make sure they do so you can see. I've been carried up and down at numerous shows and I know others have too. If I let stairs stop me I probably would have missed some of the best shows of my life.

I highly doubt you will get much for your tickets if you try to sell them UNLESS the show is SOLD OUT. If it's sold out then you could get face value, if not more for them.

Go to the show. You will have fun! It's all about rock n roll!!
    "Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today." ~ James Dean
    http://www.kristi-allen.com

My stepson says Buckcherry sounds like the Black Crowes. Go, Jim! Just do it!

I say go too. My fav band of the 3 would be Revelation Theory, even though I love Buckcherry and Nonpoint too. And free tix...there's no better excuse to go! Have fun.
    If there is light
    it will find
    you

--Charles Bukowski

Josh Todd

I wonder if he will do any of his single stuff? I love "Shine" -- it's one of my fave songs!!

Oh, congrats, Jim!! Yes, good concert, u should go!

You have a hot chick opportunity here!!

UMM I would go in a minute. Love Buckcherry. Although I think the lead gutarist is the hotest of the bunch.
    www.cawvsports.org
    The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same. ~ Don Juan Matus
    We are Virginia Tech… We must laugh again… No one deserves a tragedy… We are strong, and brave, and innocent, and unafraid…We are better than we think and not quit what we want to be…We are the Hokies…We will prevail, we will prevail, we will prevail. We ARE Virginia Tech! ~ Nikki Giovanni

Enjoy the show!

Sweet deal Jim, it sounds like it would be pretty fun. Go find yourself a hunny and hang out with your wang out.

Thats cool i guess....could of used a wasp or horsefly or something though

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun
    Thats cool i guess....could of used a wasp or horsefly or something though
    I have battled two horseflies that found their way inside already this summer. They're out to get me. At night, even now, I can hear them banging on the windows trying to get to meat.
    Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.