Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: A timeline of my progress, pics and videos included! wee!

Thanks everyone! I know i posted some of this stuff before, but some people where asking me where i started from, and it was hard to find all the videos and pics so I just put them all together.

I'm still using a KAFO with the latch removed on my left leg, I could walk with a cane right now but the problem is, it puts so much stress on my right knee that its not worth it.

Danius,

it took me forever to get the "launch" down, i couldn't imagine how hard it would be with 2 kafo's, keep up the good work bro!

jayday,

lol, the gut was bigger than that, but when it was super bad i didn't even want to look at myself in a mirrior let alone take a picture of it. I had issues until i met a friend named zoloft hah.
    Injured:10-16-04
    C7/C8, T1 incomplete;

For stalkers convenience:
    Blog:
    http://www.ordealsonwheels.com/
    Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/coryssanchez
    Progress:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/b290/swooty/
    My drawings:
    http://kanvases.com/sites/corysanchez/home

Cory, can you summarize your story or return and function? I mean, did you stand up in the hospital or go home feeling nothing or? How quickly did you progress? i am assuming from the pics you had a lot of function and or sensation soon after your injury. Maybe I am wrong but I am still kinda new here.
    Thanks!

By the way, Congrats to you!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kkmay
    Well unfortunately I'm not like others. I tell how I actually feel. May it be positive or negative. So it just happens you got a negative comment. May you walk and fall badly on your face. And then can we see videos? Not much of a blooper you shown.
    Why would you say something like that?

Cory, your recovery is very much an inspiration to most of us, especially me.

Cory, you are truly inspirational man. How's the 4ap? Any results yet?
    Daniel

Progress...

Your progress is good man.

I'm 5 years post, and still working hard. My next goal is free standing.

I really do feel that recovery has to come in small increments. If I spend all my time hopping around my back yard with a walker, I'm gonna injure my shoulders. If I can't flex my hip, then that's what I need to work at, not hopping.

God bless, good luck, all the best.
    Eric Texley

Quote Originally Posted by Tufelhunden
    Why would you say something like that?

Cory, your recovery is very much an inspiration to most of us, especially me.
    Quite frankly pal because I'm ruthless with my words. Not knocking him for the walking videos but for the abs pictures. I thought that was unnecessary.

Thanks everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Chopperchick
    Cory, can you summarize your story or return and function? I mean, did you stand up in the hospital or go home feeling nothing or? How quickly did you progress? i am assuming from the pics you had a lot of function and or sensation soon after your injury. Maybe I am wrong but I am still kinda new here.
    I let my roommate drive my car while i was at college, he rolled it over going around a turn on a rainy night. The roof collapsed on my head, competley shattering c7, and damanging c8 and T1, fused c6 to t1. It was incomplete injury though, bone fragments did hit the spinal cord though and compression of course. I was later diagnosed with brown sequard syndrome but they didn't say that until I started to only get return on my right side.

I came out of spinal shock about a month post, after that the doc said because I didn't get any return after spinal shock i'm unlikey to get anymore. I had patches of numbness on my body, but I always had sensation (touch) i still can't feel hot/cold/pain, but touch i can feel everything and nothing is numb anymore.

3 months post injury i was able to twitch my big toe, when I left childrens institue i was 4 months post. After i left there I could move my toe alittle, and i could kick my right quad alittle as well but wasn't even able to hardly move it in water. Then I noticed my adductor on my right leg was coming back as well.

I then went to harmmerville, for another month. During that last month (5 months post) they gave me a kafo for my left leg and a afo on my right leg. They put me up on a walker then. I was able to take a few footsteps but nothing functional, and I couldn't stand up on my own.

When I came home I went backwards, i ended up sleeping all day and not wanting to get up, it was winter and no one was home so that could have been a factor. Not until I got on anti-depressants did i really notice stuff improving again. Recovery for me was in little chunks you can hardly notice but it all adds up.

etexley,
    Its really hard for me to work my left hip flexor as well. THe only way i can do it at all is in a pool, and I can't just tell it to move. i have to do a march while floating in watch and it will kick in my left hip flexor somtimes. Sound like ur doing great though, keep it up man!

dan,

I dont' get to take it until monday! No stores are open and I have to stil pick up the script! i'll keep you updated for sure!

Not knocking him for the walking videos but for the abs pictures. I thought that was unnecessary.
    Me getting my old abs back was a big accomplishment for me. The fact that I still can't do a sit up/crunch and still they came back is why i posted them.

If i was able to do crunches/sit ups, of course i wouldn't have posted them, anyone can get abs if they can do that. I'm not trying to make people jealous over it. I'm showing them that it might work for them as well.

I showed my before pictures to also let everyone know that yes I did have abs beefore injury and stimming them didn't just make me naturally get abs.
    Last edited by mr_coffee; 06-11-2006 at 12:42 PM.
    Injured:10-16-04
    C7/C8, T1 incomplete;

For stalkers convenience:
    Blog:
    http://www.ordealsonwheels.com/
    Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/coryssanchez
    Progress:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/b290/swooty/
    My drawings:
    http://kanvases.com/sites/corysanchez/home

thanks for sending me a crappy movie that I never watched but I guess it is the thought that counts
    OMG I befriended you as you seemed down then I send you a dvd from amazon to cheer you up as you would always piss and moan and whine at me like a 3 year old girl and this is the thanks I get?

Over and out - I really don't have time for this crap. We all have our cross to bear here. Get over yourself buddy and start dealing with your injury like a grown-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherrylips
    OMG I befriended you as you seemed down then I send you a dvd from amazon to cheer you up as you would always piss and moan and whine at me like a 3 year old girl and this is the thanks I get?

Over and out - I really don't have time for this crap. We all have our cross to bear here. Get over yourself buddy and start dealing with your injury like a grown-up.
    it's to my recollection that you were the one whining about being paralyzed. Not wanting to leave your house and whatnot. I'm doing fine being paralyzed. Perhaps you should do an update with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherrylips

Ms Cherrylips, he has no sense of value to make or keep freinds, he's shown it over and over. In fact he ran one away from here over his ordeal with the secret santa, What a wuss KK you better grow up but oh yeah you can say what you want, We've heard that before. but I bet you never say thing's like you do to peoples faces!! If all your going to do is piss and moan why not just keep it to your self