Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rectal Prolapse - treatment?

use of ab muscles instead

Thanks for the explanation. I try using my abdominal muscles (those which are still working) to help BM and it works. Does this cause strain ?

I am really suprised that there is no treatment which will be 100% succesfull and get your body back to normal for rectal prolapse.

Unfortunately we are spending too much for weapons instead.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse
    Valsalva Maneuver is just straining by closing the glottis (in your throat) and "pushing" as a woman would in labor or an AB would when trying to have a bowel movement when constipated.

(KLD)

Yes, if you are pushing stool out with your abdominal muscles, you are straining and doing the Valsalva maneuver. Try using a suppository instead to get stool down into your rectum and then manually remove it.

(KLD)

for anyone who has ever had prolapsed hemmoriods has anyone undergone the HPP / Hemorrhoid Prolapse Procedure?

I have a surgeon who wants to do it but I am not sure he understands the SCI side effects of AD etc. If anyone has had procedure would really apppreciate hearing experiece.

I don't mean to hijack the thread, I guess "prolapsing " has got my attention. HPP looks like a real blast
    procedure: http://www.hemorrhoid.net/procedure_prolapse.php

Rectal Prolapse and Procidentia :http://www.hemorrhoid.net/prolapse.php

Good Luck Dimi. Hope you find relief to your situation.

was wondering, since sitting is a problem, would the rectal prolapse cause spasms even when sitting in the w/c or other places like the bed?

Prolapsed Rectom

App.Two years ago i was diagnosed with a prolapsed rectum.
    First i did not no what the heck was going on. So went to see three
    different doctors along with one who spec. in this field. Well they all came up with the same solution. To have a colostomy. Hell i said
    NO WAY. To each of them.
    Anyway after a month running around with this thing hanging out and
    giveing me every problem in the book a living hell. Thought it was time to do something on my own. So came up with an idea.
    After trial and error for a couple of weeks i finally got it to work in part. Hell i say. Now i have more problems to solve. Now to come to a
    early finish here i solved them. As far as i no i am the only one to do so.
    It was a long hard battle i tell you. But on monday i am going
    swimming. I will never be perfect but i will take what i got.
    Luck to all Whinton

Holy crap! (Pun intended) how exactly were u diagnosed & is this inevitable? TMI but here goes: i only go when something is at the door so to speak. Wrong technique? U betcha but what i do & works tolerably. When ready, i 'grab' via dig stim way the hospital did. Am i at risk? Im sure for a list of other probs...

prolapsed retum

Just push it up with your hand and hold while you sit down.
    Do this gently.
    Last edited by whinton; 01-26-2011 at 10:22 PM.

Holy crap! (Pun intended) how exactly were u diagnosed & is this inevitable? TMI but here goes: i only go when something is at the door so to speak. Wrong technique? U betcha but what i do & works tolerably. When ready, i 'grab' via dig stim way the hospital did. Am i at risk? Im sure for a list of other probs...
    Last edited by jb; 01-26-2011 at 10:07 PM. Reason: double posts

Id get the surgery I think, try my best to learn preventitive techniques, and if it did not work I would to to the colostomy.
    Kld, how would someone better support the perrinium while sitting on the thunder box?

I can't think of a way to better support the perineal area but the less straining through the use of high fiber, liquids, stool softeners, suppositories an enemeez is recommended.
    CWO