Thread: 'Notebook' Battery

'Notebook' Battery

I need a battery for my laptop so I can use it during college. There are some classes that have outlets at the desks and some don't. My question is can I get a battery for my laptop that has say.... 4+ hours? More would be better. I have a Dell Inspiron B130 and my battery life is right at 2 hours. Not enough for college. I looked on the Dell website and I couldn't find extra batteries for this laptop. Help??

It looks like the 6-Cell Lithium-Ion battery for your Dell laptop is going to cost you $149.95. You should be getting more than two hours of battery life on this laptop. What is the primary use of this laptop and have you gone through the Power Options for energy-saving?

Is that thing a Pentium M based notebook? Notebook power use had a great bearing on battery life. The woman's Dell 700m with the bigger battery supposedly can go 5 hours, I know it lasts a very long time. OTOH, my XPS M170 barely can go around 1.5 hours due to the graphics processor in it and the 17" screen. I'm always swapping batteries in it when not by the power cord.

easy solution: buy an extra battery or dim your screen during use.

I'd be surprised if you couldn't plug the notebook in during classes though. My alma mater had outlets everywhere, even on the floors in the newer buildings.

I had an old IBM Thinkpad 600 series (I think it was a 600e or 600x). I used the additional battery instead of the floppy or CD drive and combined it gave me about 7 hours of power, more than enough for any notes in college.

Maybe investigate about getting additional batteries for your Dell?
    Daniel

Ebay 60 bucks!

Also set yor power setting to Max Battery, will save alot of power.

Quote Originally Posted by Patonb

Make sure you get the 6-Cell Lithium-ion Battery and not the 4-Cell for your Inspiron B130.

Quote Originally Posted by PN

Make sure you get the 6-Cell Lithium-ion Battery and not the 4-Cell for your Inspiron B130.
    I find, you can onkly get the 6 cell/higher rated batteries off ebay. I got a Dell CpX500 off there, and it's been great.

haha, just relooked and now theres the 29whrs ones.
    Last edited by Patonb; 06-08-2006 at 09:41 PM.