Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What an asshole....

What an asshole....

I bought the hoyer pool lift and I was all telling the PT right now about it and then Mike is all " I don't know why you got that, I won't use it. I will just have someone help me into the pool".. Should I try to cancel my order or is he being unreasonable?? His friends can't always be here to get him in the pool and it is hot here. He will change his attitude right you guys?

ummmm, this is a tough one. based on all your other posts whereas Mike won't do his own care, etc., this will take more time and effort. i go into my brothers pool, but not often bc it's somewhat of a hassle... mostly bc i have to get back in my chair wet and drive home to change. you don't have that prob., but he may view it as a hassle altogether....? i hope not.. hard to suggest whether or not to get it based on his poor attitude in previous posts.. sorry i couldn't be of more help....

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

When he's cookin his ass off and the only option to get in the pool is to use the lift then he better be kissin your toes for ordering it. Mabey he's just feeling down about having to use a lift to get in the pool.

Use it? Kick him into the pool and see how long he wants to stay there before lifted out.

Did you discuss it with him before you bought it?
    C5/6 incomplete

"I assume you all have guns and crack....."

His attitude will change. And he'll thank you someday for buying it. Hang in there my friend ... you're certainly in a rough spot right now. (((( hugs )))
    Wife of Chad (C4/5 since 1988), mom of a great teenager

Quote Originally Posted by Leif
    Use it? Kick him into the pool and see how long he wants to stay there before lifted out.
    LOL!!!!!!
    Wife of Chad (C4/5 since 1988), mom of a great teenager

You are going to burn out.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Like someone said, did you talk it over with him before ordering that thing? That said, there is a certain level of not wanting all sort of mechanical 'assist' devices around to maintain some sort of normalcy. I kind of get the feeling he is against all sorts of handicapped things being applied to him.

Just get it