Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I thought I would lose weight!?!?!

I thought I would lose weight!?!?!

I am so tired and going all the time. Also, doing exercises and range of motion with MIke isn't easy. I am all sweaty and breathing hard yet...... I have gained weight I lost about 10 pounds when he was in the hospital, and now i have gained like 15!!! Yuck.. I am starting to recoginize the pattern though. Like, when I had a hot dog for breakfast and now macaroni for lunch. I do however, cook healthy for MIke. For me it has to be fast and easy. Convienence food.

Eww, I should have put this on my "grossing myself out" thread....

Yuk - you really should listen to the tons of posts and advice people have given you about taking care of yourself. As the old saying goes if you don't look after yourself no one else will. JUST DO IT! In the long run you have to look after your health if for nothing else your children need you.

whine no more...for i am sick of it

f
    ight

Take care of your self. You're not just hurting yourself but Mike too. He's going to see that you're taking care of him and not yourself and it's going to make him feel really really bad. Trust me. My Parents did that when I first got home from rehab too (not in quite the same way exactly tho) and it just made me feel 100xs worse because I felt like WOW im not only miserable myself but im making everyone else miserable too.
    Im not saying you're making mike suicidal or anything, but im sure he loves you and would never want you to do anything wrong on his account.
    Don't think of yourself as an ugly person, just a beautiful monkey.
    Always remember: if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

chopper...

i did the same...gained weight. i was very active before jim, and i thought i was doing the same BUT...lol i was hitting the ice cream and snacking more than i thought...having myself pitty parties at night.

once u get into a routine u'll be able to get a grip on your weight. i started taking time for myself by working out again and walking with jim. i figured i deserved it and my health was just as important as jim's health.

good luck and take care!

stormie

wait a min, your AB??? and your bitching to a bunch of SCIs about a hard time losing weight?!?!?!
    Last edited by Jessecj7; 06-08-2006 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessecj7
    wait a min, your AB??? and your bitch to a bunch of SCIs about a hard time losing weight?!?!?!
    Where's Shaun's popcorn icon..

Quote Originally Posted by Jessecj7
    wait a min, your AB??? and your bitch to a bunch of SCIs about a hard time losing weight?!?!?!
    Stay cool Jesse .... this is the Sanctuary .. venting is allowed and encouraged !

Same kind of thing has happened to me Chopper .... but it might be more a Mom thing I don't know ... in my case I rag on everyone else in our house to eat properly and I grocery shop accordingly but very often its me who's eating poorly for the very reasons you alluded to in your post ! That's a bad habit to get into ... somewhere down the road you pay the piper by packing on poundage and playing havoc with your health. I also sense in some of your posts that quiet desperation we all get caught up in trying to do it all the same as before .... you need to stop and breathe as someone else here suggested and let it go ... you both need time to adapt ... its going to be okay ... really ... and sometimes its not .. and that's when you come here or try to step out of the situation if only for a brief while (a walk around the block maybe) it will work most of the time .. honest! But when it doesn't (and there will be days when it won't ) .... try to remember the moment will pass .... maybe you aren't feeling it but I think you're doing better than you realize ... you found us and that puts you way ahead of the game ! Hang on ......

Obieone
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

no jesse...she's bitchin to a bunch of "caregivers" god how i HATE that word...who dearly love their better halves but get so caught up in the moment that they loose themselves in the process.

obie...please send chopper some of that canadian light her way.

i was expecting a more violent out turn on this thread, kinda dissapointed hah j/k.
    Injured:10-16-04
    C7/C8, T1 incomplete;

For stalkers convenience:
    Blog:
    http://www.ordealsonwheels.com/
    Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/coryssanchez
    Progress:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/b290/swooty/
    My drawings:
    http://kanvases.com/sites/corysanchez/home