Thread: Spinal Cord Stroke???

Spinal Cord Stroke???

HELLO, I HAVE A 10 MONTH OLD SON WITH A SPINAL CORD STOKE, HE HAD THIS STROKE 2 DAYS B/4 BEING DELIVERED. IT HAS BEEN SOMEWHAT DIFFICULT, BUT WITH TIME AND PATIENCE ITS COMING TOGETHER.. I AM WONDERING IF ANYONE OUT THERE HAS EVER HEARD OF THIS?? FROM WHAT I AM TOLD, THERE IS NOT. HE HAS PARALYSIS FROM T3=T7..... ALTHOUGH, HE HAS BEEN TESTED, AND SEEMS TO HAVE PASSED THE BOWEL AND BLADDER EMPTYING TESTS.... INTERESTING HUH?? GOOD LUCK TO ALL, WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM ANYONE..
    THANKS
    TANYA

Nicsproudmomma,

Welcome to CareCure. I knew several babies who had spinal cord strokes after birth, including one who has the infarct in the cervical region and has to be on a ventilator. He is a wonderful baby, from what I can understand, and is in Wisconsin. This was the first time that I have heard of a spinal stroke occurring two days before birth. I am glad to hear that he has bowel and bladder activity.

I don't know how many of the parents come to the site because, for obvious reasons, they are very very busy. On the other hand, you may find other parents who come to this site.

Wise.

Tanya-
    Welcome to CareCure.

pls check your private messages, I sent you some links.
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......