Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: Ole Ole Ole,

Would you have headbutted him too? I just saw on the news that this is what provoked Zidane.......

''I SLEPT WITH YOUR MOTHER LAST NIGHT'' and ''YOUR MOTHER IS AN ALGERIAN WHORE''

And his mother's really ill in hospital.....
    Last edited by Cherry; 07-10-2006 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherrylips
    Would you have headbutted him too? I just saw on the news that this is what provoked Zidane.......

''I SLEPT WITH YOUR MOTHER LAST NIGHT'' and ''YOUR MOTHER IS AN ALGERIAN WHORE''

And his mother's really ill in hospital.....
    I gathered it was something like that, thats how the Italians have been playing all along. Zidane missed the correct spot for the headbutt IMO.
    The media are reporting that the Italians made continual racial slurs to Zidane all through the match. They did not win fairly IMO and I dont see how any Italian could be proud of this performance. The cup should be taken off them and awarded to France.
    http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/stor...T=HCP&GT1=8393

"The Italians did everything they could do to provoke Zidane," France defender William Gallas said.
    Seconds before, Materazzi had wrapped his arm around Zidane just as a French attack on goal passed harmlessly by. The two exchanged words as they walked back up the field, well behind the play. Then, without warning, Zidane spun around, lowered his head and rammed Materazzi, knocking him to the ground. The Paris-based anti-racism advocacy group SOS-Racism issued a statement Monday quoting "several very well informed sources from the world of football" as saying Materazzi called Zidane a "dirty terrorist." It demanded that FIFA investigate and take any appropriate action.
    Last edited by IanTPoulter; 07-10-2006 at 10:44 PM.

best editorial i've read on the zz headbutt

http://www.spiked-online.com/index.p.../article/1018/
    extracts:
    "The initial media reaction to Zidane’s dismissal was one of horror mingled with sadness. Football legends like Zidane aren’t supposed to act like thugs. Some commentators were outraged that Zidane was given the player of the tournament award. Others feared that Zidane might have blown his chances of soccer sainthood, that he might forever be remembered for his momentary loss of self-control rather than for his sporting achievements.

They need not have worried. Football fans adore their heroes, flaws and all. In fact, far from damaging their reputations, their flaws often serve to enhance their allure. Georgie Best loved the birds and booze. Maradona shovelled coke up his nose. Eric Cantona kung-fu kicked a fan. Wayne Rooney allegedly paid for sex with grannies. All bad boys and all still idolised for their footballing genius regardless of their conduct."

"My own theory is that what Materazzi actually said was, ‘you play like an Englishman’. And that’s an invitation for a Glasgow kiss if ever I’ve heard one."