Thread: Scars

Scars

I was just wondering what would happen to my scars if I got pregnant? I have some pretty good scars across my belly; both vertically and horizontally across the whole thing. the one that goes horizontal has no fat; when we crashed, the fat was litterally liquified and had to be drained thru a penrose drain so now I have this really gross fold there.
    When I had my last surgery a couple years ago, they gave me a kind of tummy tuck; they took out about an inch of scar tissue in the big horizontal one.. This definitely made my belly tighter where the scar tissue is. If i eat too much or have gas and my belly is expanded It feels really bad and like the scars are going to rip open... if i ever got pregnant would they tear, or just stretch and hurt like hell for 9 months?
    Attached is a pic of scars after last surgery. They're all healed and closed now (though it took about a year after the fact)
    Don't think of yourself as an ugly person, just a beautiful monkey.
    Always remember: if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

Argh. Sorry its so big. I dunno how to resize. I failed

you didn't fail, if you go here: http://sci.rutgers.edu/

on the left there is a resize photo link. then you can edit your post and put the resized image in.

as for your question, scars tend not to stretch much. When I got pregnant with my son, as my uterus grew, it was misshaped like a kidney. When I went into labor, I had a severe pain rip through me like my uterus had ruptured, but it didn't. No one could explain why until 6 years later when I was dx with cancer. When my doc dilated my cervix and took a look around, she saw the scar that covers the right side of my uterus, and the new scar through the middle of it. She determined that the pain during labor was the uterus splitting from the contraction, but since no one had any reason too look in side, it wasn't discovered til much later. Biopsies showed the cancer cells were concentrated around the scar. If I get pregnant and the baby tries to attach near that scar, as it grows, I miscarry.
    Last edited by Jadis; 06-04-2006 at 04:23 PM.

BM, do you put any cream on the scars in an attempt to soften them? I am thinking of trying ScarSof to see if it helps with the tightness and itching I have on some of my skin scars.

My scars stretched right along with the rest of my belly but it does seem there are more stretch marks near the scars - kinda radiating from the scar.

BM, do you put any cream on the scars in an attempt to soften them? I am thinking of trying ScarSof to see if it helps with the tightness and itching I have on some of my skin scars.
    I have put vitamin E on them, and also aplmers Coca butter scar formula and It really has helped soften them up. They're just so thick and tight in places, especially where the surgeon took out a lot of old scar tissue and then put me back together. It seems to me like that spot has potential to tear because its tight and thick.

Thanks for the link to rezise my photos too! I tried it but its not working right now for some reason. I'll try later.

Here, I resized it for ya, just reattach it from my host