Thread: New York and Jacksonville short-term care

New York and Jacksonville short-term care

My wife and I sometimes go to New York City to visit my daughter. I would like to give my wife a break from my care (quad) when we are there. Anybody know of someone who could help? (Just to bathe and dress in morning.)

Also, my family is taking a vacation on Atlantic Beach (Jacksonville area) in early August. I would like the same morning care. Any ideas?

David

As long as you don't need any bowel or bladder or wound care, you could probably private pay for a CNA or HHA from a local nursing agency. Many do require a minimum number of hours for each visit though. You can get home health agency numbers from the Yellow Pages, or try calling the independent living center near where you want to visit for a list.

You may find it easier and actually cheaper to take a local PCA or CNA with you on your trip. Paying their transportation and hotel may be cheaper than dealing with an agency. You will also be able to screen the person first, do some training, and not have to fumble around with an unskilled person trying to learn your care in a strange environment (which can also take longer).

(KLD)