Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Some SCI Can Be Cured

Some SCI Can Be Cured

I met my doctor 3 years ago. But it was too late for my relative and nephew because they already passed away. I have great sympathy for everyone with SCI and everyone with any other major illness such as cancer. I totally understand your hope, your pain, your agony, and your depression. I am here to provide my assistance.

Hope some of you have already found the best acupuncturist in your local area. If not, it is recommended to take this action now. Here are a few more criteria to make it easier for you to find the right one. The acupuncturist must have at least ten years clinical experience and must also practice Chinese medicine. Acupuncture is based on the theories of Chinese medicine and its practice and theory are still much the same as when it was practiced twenty centuries ago. That’s why an expert acupuncturist must also practice Chinese medicine. Average acupuncturist has only scratched the surface of acupuncture and can only give you temporary pain relief. You can share your acupuncturist search experience with this group here. Don’t denounce the whole system just because of your experience from an average acupuncturist.

In Western medicine it is acknowledged that patients react differently to different drugs. This is why a large number of drugs may be available for the treatment of a single condition. There is no one drug that suits every patient and there is no one therapy that suits everyone. So it is unrealistic for you to wait for the panacea to come. Even there is some SCI breakthrough in the future, it might not suit everyone. The drug company will make the biggest gain by raising price to sky high. Government will not take care for us and we need to prepare for that. TV news media mostly serves the interest of big corporations. For example, the cancer treatments are so expensive and painful. I have witnessed the cancer treatments of my nephew. There were so much suffering and side effects during the treatments. His treatment was as painful to him as the cancer itself. He did not have medical insurance and I helped a lot with his medical bills. Why won’t the government do something to reduce the drug expense and medical insurance?

For example, average people suffered from the high gas price but government supports the double or triple profit gains of oil companies. Why can oil companies reduce their profit to 50% instead of 200% or 300% so we can have normal gas price? Now you can see oil companies or government do not care about the feelings of average people. The legislators can spend years debating trivia and do not spend time focusing important matters like the Christopher Reeve Paralysis Act (CRPA).

Some of you are engineers or have great analytical mind. This is very good and helps to make sure things are right. I am an engineer too myself. I have Master of Science degree. I have been working as an engineer for over ten years. I like to analyze things. I have been analyzing my doctor during the last three years. I was skeptical in the beginning. Now I am fully convinced that my doctor can contribute greatly to the recovery of SCI.

I would like to ask everyone to have realistic expectations to every treatment. Even the future SCI breakthrough comes and the magical pill becomes commonplace. Your recovery will still be a long process because muscles have to re-learn the commands from brain. After finishing two-month program from my doctor, you will see improvements. At that time, you will have confidence about how long it will take for your full recovery. For example, some day your toes open up or your legs start to move. Time is very critical for your treatments. As time goes, your cells and tissues might be starved for oxygen. When cells or tissues die, they are gone.

All SCI patients are encouraged to share their on-going treatment experience in this forum so everyone can witness the progress of my doctor's treatments.
    HopeForSCI@yahoo.com
    Last edited by HopeForSCI; 06-03-2006 at 04:58 PM.

Wow, what a sales pitch. Bash the competition, claim conspiracy, validate the salesman by giving him or her a claimed scientific degree, then put forth some positive generalities of the outcome of the product. Finish with a 'buy today' closing, time is running out.

Who's up for banning this knucklehead?

Attention HopeForSCI: Please do post how this treatment will replace a damaged section of the spinal cord with a new working variety. You have the Masters degree (in some sort of Science, hopefully not in basketweaving or something similar) so it shouldnt be too hard to describe specifics.

What would you expect from two-month treatment program?

We give the highest respect to privacy. All patients’ treatment data are strictly protected and are not allowed to be disclosed without their permissions. I will talk to my doctor and see if we can show you some actual cases. I will get back to you in a day or two.

I am an engineer and not a salesman. If I were a salesman, you would have seen the actual treatment data already. I thought I could convince you with my belief. Definitely I have learned something from you. Would you rather talk to engineer speaking from his heart or salesman with sweet talk?
    Have a nice day.
    HopeForSCI@yahoo.com
    Last edited by HopeForSCI; 06-03-2006 at 04:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HopeForSCI
    We give the highest respect to privacy. All patients’ treatment data are strictly protected and are not allowed to be disclosed without their permissions. I will talk to my doctor and see if we can show you some actual cases. I will get back to you in a day or two.

I am an engineer and not a salesman. If I were a salesman, you would have seen the actual treatment data already. I thought I could convince you with my belief. Definitely I have learned something from you. Would you rather talk to engineer speaking from his heart or salesman with sweet talk?

I would like every SCI to answer my following question:

Whether it is physical therapy, acupuncture, FES bike, or swimming with dolphin? Rehabilitation is mostly focusing on teaching you to deal with your daily life and I do not consider rehabilitation a therapy. Here are some examples you can use as reference: “I want to improve from T6 to T7.” “I want to gain control to bladder and bowel.” “I want to feel my legs.” I want you to be realistic. Don’t say “I want to be able to walk like before my injury.” Or “I want to improve from C1 to T12”.

Have a nice day.
    HopeForSCI@yahoo.com
    Hope for SCI. Your arguments are totally unconvincing, and I am being polite. You have to get approval due to privacy reasons?? Please.
    T6 complete (or so I think), SCI since September 21, 2003

I would like every SCI to answer my following question:

Whether it is physical therapy, acupuncture, FES bike, or swimming with dolphin? Rehabilitation is mostly focusing on teaching you to deal with your daily life and I do not consider rehabilitation a therapy. Here are some examples you can use as reference: “I want to improve from T6 to T7.” “I want to gain control to bladder and bowel.” “I want to feel my legs.” I want you to be realistic. Don’t say “I want to be able to walk like before my injury.” Or “I want to improve from C1 to T12”.

Have a nice day.
    HopeForSCI@yahoo.com
    I just made the mistake of reading this again. Do you have any idea how ridiculous you are coming across? Why would anyone want to go from a T6 to a T7?? Do you have any idea as to the functional difference between the two levels. Give us a break and go peddle your junk elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by hopeforsci
    I want you to be realistic. Don’t say “I want to be able to walk like before my injury.” Or “I want to improve from C1 to T12”.

Then why did you label this thread some SCI can be cured?
    Are you offering a cure or not? Sounds like you are trying to decieve.
    Last edited by IanTPoulter; 05-31-2006 at 12:04 PM.

in your first post you were saying
    I strongly believe some SCI cases can be cured by my doctor
    than in your last post:
    “I want to improve from T6 to T7.”
    Don’t say “I want to be able to walk like before my injury.”
    you don't know a thing about sci. you're an engineer or at least that's what you're saying, so stick with what you know best.
    Shit Happens!

What is your expectation in two months?

Sorry my original message was not clear. I have corrected it. Thank you for being polite. I would like to know your expectation for the rate of your recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by paramoto
    I just made the mistake of reading this again. Do you have any idea how ridiculous you are coming across? Why would anyone want to go from a T6 to a T7?? Do you have any idea as to the functional difference between the two levels. Give us a break and go peddle your junk elsewhere.

Sorry my original message was not clear. I have corrected it. Thank you for being polite. I would like to know your expectation for the rate of your recovery.
    Actually Hope, on this thread I was as impolite as I have ever been on this forum. Your message rubs me completely the wrong way. Perhaps try www.Ithinkcripplesaredumb.com

Quote Originally Posted by paramoto
    Actually Hope, on this thread I was as impolite as I have ever been on this forum. Your message rubs me completely the wrong way. Perhaps try www.Ithinkcripplesaredumb.com
    Agreed, his original post is complete bullshit. Shits not funny. Every day we hope for a cure and you tell us you found one then back out of your claim? Get bent