Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Some SCI Can Be Cured

Emailed them and nerver get reply?????

I don't think acupuncture can cure SCI, if yes, prove it.
    I emailed the guy who claims his doctor who can cure SCI and never get any reply.

Dr. Ming Qing Zhu in San Jose, California, specializes in Zhu's scalp acupuncture and helps a lot of SCI, but he never claims that SCI can be cured. He is the best acupuncture doctor who treats SCI in the whole nation.

Acupuncture does help SCI but you have to find the right person who knows what he is doing.

Acudude

We shall see. I will contact you lot on monday.

HopeforSCI,

I have spoken to some Chinese medicine doctors in China and Hong Kong. They have told me that acupuncture and certain herbs can have beneficial effects on specific symptoms. I have not heard any of them claim that they can cure spinal cord injury. I hope that you are not misrepresenting your "doctor". The Chinese doctors that I have talked to do not make such claims. I have also spoken to patients who have had undergone extensive programs of traditional Chinese treatments for their spinal cord injury. They tell me that they have not improved significantly.

Thank you for explaining Chinese medicine. Perhaps I should take a little of your time to explain Western medicine and what is happening in China. While it is true that western doctors are less holistic than Chinese doctors and many are hyper-specialized, this doesn't mean that all western doctors are this way. Western doctors also do understand that the power of placebo effects and often take advantage of these effects in their treatments. Finally, the emphasis on evidence-based medicine is not only taking over the United States and Europe but all Asian countries.

Chinese medicine can be and is being forced to have an evidence base in the same way western medical treatments and practices have been forced to in the past two decades. Testimonials are no longer acceptable. Rigorously planned and executed controlled trials are needed to demonstrate risks and benefits of therapies. I can assure you that this is happening in China. While Chinese herbal medicines are still largely unregulated, this is changing.

Please understand that evidence-based medicine is a relatively new development even in the United States. When I graduated from Stanford Medical School, they called it the "art of medicine". Today, they of course call it the "science of medicine". The practice of medicine is no longer regarded to be an art. As a scientist, I think that medicine is still mostly an art because one so seldom has access to all the information required to make good decisions. On the other hand, if you have been in a western hospital recently, you will realize that western medicine is now information-driven.

Regardless of what one might think of Western vs. Chinese, randomized controlled clinical trials are now de rigeur in China. Testimonial evidence of the type that you refer to are not longer acceptable to the sFDA and the Ministry of Health. While old therapies are "grandfathered" in, new therapies will require rigorous clinical trials before the sFDA and the Ministry of Health will approve the therapies or health insurance payments for the therapies. The new sFDA regulations also forbid doctors to charge patients to participate in clinical trials (so they are claiming that the experimental therapies are already approved but simply being used off-label).

So, change is coming to China. While traditional Chinese medicines will probably be practiced for a while, new Chinese medicines must be tested and proven in rigorous clinical trials. Doctors and companies that understand how to obtain rigorous clinical trial evidence of treatment risk and benefit will also be able to disseminate therapies overseas as well. This is a development that China is embracing.

Wise.

Focus on grey injury, the grey ones, one need a fix those, then if fixing those myelin) mmm.

I've tried accupuncture for pain, but had no luck. Tried three different accupuncturists.

One thing one of them was able to do - when I was having a problem with bowel accidents, she found points that stopped them.
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

The acupuncture session was quite relaxing. It took the knots away. I have more to come-I feel the difference. =)

Spasticy in my lower back has definitely been reduced. More sessions to come....

Let's Demonstrate It!

Dr. Young:

Thank you for your taking the time to respond to my post. Your efforts to help SCI are very appreciated. Here I would like to clarify some points.

Who are we? I am not a medical professional. I am just a volunteer with a passion for traditional Chinese medicine. My doctor is just one Chinese medicine doctor. We are not a group or an association. We don’t have funding to do clinical trials like Western medicine. We have a passion to help people with SCI. This is not about making money and there is not much money to be made for treating SCI. This is to show you and your community why acupuncture can help. My doctor can treat almost any illnesses in our human body. He can treat not only those that are treated by Western medicine but also those that cannot be treated by Western medicine. At a matter of fact, acupuncture is currently not covered by most insurance plans. Most of his patients come for treatments after they are unsuccessfully treated by Western medicine. Would you believe what I say here? Hope you can accept such truth.

It is a fact that Chinese medicine is very effective for treating illnesses related to our Central Nervous System. It is an undeniable truth. But for people educated in modern technologies, it is hard for them to accept such truth. People often think Western medicine has it all. They often think if Western medicine cannot do it, no other medicine can do it. Such thinking is very wrong. For many types of illnesses of Central Nervous System, Western medicine has not yet had any effective treatments. But most people still believe it like a superstition. Most people in your forum have been transformed to think in your terms. They are tuned to think in terms of “neuron”, “axons”, “stem cell” as if these are the only truth. But those terms are just theories to explain our body and such theories might be overthrown in the future by the development in the Western medicine. So they wait on and on, 10 years and another 10 years for a miracle in Western medicine.

In many aspects, Chinese medicine is much more effective than Western medicine. The major obstacle is people's belief. Skills of Chinese medicine doctor vary dramatically. But if they have successfully treated illnesses related to Central Nervous System, they will be effective to treat SCI. For example, last year my doctor treated one SCI patient who was T11 complete. After three sessions, he had gained feeling below naval area. But he went to Taiwan for operations because he heard Western medicine there could help him more. You can see people believe Western medicine even though it has no effective treatment.

About the word “Cure”, maybe I understood it differently from yours or maybe I say it too lightly in your forum. When a SCI is recovered and can perform normal daily tasks again, can that be considered a “Cure”? It seems everyone is expecting a quick recovery, or a magical pill type of cure. People with SCI would like to wake up and walk after the treatment. Such quick recovery is not possible even there is major breakthrough in stem cell research in the future (10 years or 20 years or who know how long?).

Traditional Chinese medicine is holistic and every treatment is individualized. So the rules of Western medicine cannot be applied. From your posts, I can tell your understanding of Chinese medicine is very limited. For those Chinese medicine doctors you have talked, have they treated any illnesses that cannot be cured by Western medicine? If they do not have their own clinical experience, they are not good doctors in Chinese medicine. Nowadays in China, Chinese medicine practice is wrongfully managed by government officials who specialize in Western medicine.

Let me give a few examples. First, SARS was epidemic in China and other Asian countries in 2003. Western medicine did not have any effective treatment because it did not understand the type of virus yet. It was Chinese medicine that put the SARS quickly in control in China. United Nation’s WHO can confirm this to the world. Second, some AIDS patients have been successfully treated and recovered in China by Chinese medicine. Those AIDS patients can perform normal job as before and no longer need to take any other medicine to survive. This is a fact. But the government officials banned the continued efforts by Chinese medicine because they are all educated in Western medicine. Third, for AIDS, hypertension, diabetes, and many other illnesses, patients have to take medicine for the whole life in Western medicine. This is definitely helping the profit of drug sale. But it is not a good way to treat illness and patients have to suffer from the side effects of those drugs. The right way is to make the symptoms to disappear permanently so patients do not depend on the drugs for life.

Chinese medicine works differently. Chinese medicine can make symptoms disappear so patients can be cured permanently. My doctor has very extensive experience for treating illnesses related to Central Nervous System such as autism and cerebral palsy. He is also very knowledgeable about treating SCI. Every patient will see improvement in two months. SCI can be improved continuously over the time until they can perform their normal tasks. Of course, some cases can take a few years depending on the type of injury,

I know it is difficult to explain for you to understand. So it is better to demonstrate the truth to you. Here is my suggestion. You select one of your patients that are injured within 3 years. Then send this patient to my doctor for treatment. My doctor will treat him/her for two months for FREE. I mean NO charge for these treatment sessions. You can see by yourself how much improvement in two months. I believe that’s the best way to explain to you and the community how effective my doctor’s treatment is. I hope you can consider this plan.

Best regards,
    HopeForSCI

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Young
    HopeforSCI,

I have spoken to some Chinese medicine doctors in China and Hong Kong. They have told me that acupuncture and certain herbs can have beneficial effects on specific symptoms. I have not heard any of them claim that they can cure spinal cord injury. I hope that you are not misrepresenting your "doctor". The Chinese doctors that I have talked to do not make such claims. I have also spoken to patients who have had undergone extensive programs of traditional Chinese treatments for their spinal cord injury. They tell me that they have not improved significantly.

Thank you for explaining Chinese medicine. Perhaps I should take a little of your time to explain Western medicine and what is happening in China. While it is true that western doctors are less holistic than Chinese doctors and many are hyper-specialized, this doesn't mean that all western doctors are this way. Western doctors also do understand that the power of placebo effects and often take advantage of these effects in their treatments. Finally, the emphasis on evidence-based medicine is not only taking over the United States and Europe but all Asian countries.

Chinese medicine can be and is being forced to have an evidence base in the same way western medical treatments and practices have been forced to in the past two decades. Testimonials are no longer acceptable. Rigorously planned and executed controlled trials are needed to demonstrate risks and benefits of therapies. I can assure you that this is happening in China. While Chinese herbal medicines are still largely unregulated, this is changing.

Please understand that evidence-based medicine is a relatively new development even in the United States. When I graduated from Stanford Medical School, they called it the "art of medicine". Today, they of course call it the "science of medicine". The practice of medicine is no longer regarded to be an art. As a scientist, I think that medicine is still mostly an art because one so seldom has access to all the information required to make good decisions. On the other hand, if you have been in a western hospital recently, you will realize that western medicine is now information-driven.

Regardless of what one might think of Western vs. Chinese, randomized controlled clinical trials are now de rigeur in China. Testimonial evidence of the type that you refer to are not longer acceptable to the sFDA and the Ministry of Health. While old therapies are "grandfathered" in, new therapies will require rigorous clinical trials before the sFDA and the Ministry of Health will approve the therapies or health insurance payments for the therapies. The new sFDA regulations also forbid doctors to charge patients to participate in clinical trials (so they are claiming that the experimental therapies are already approved but simply being used off-label).

So, change is coming to China. While traditional Chinese medicines will probably be practiced for a while, new Chinese medicines must be tested and proven in rigorous clinical trials. Doctors and companies that understand how to obtain rigorous clinical trial evidence of treatment risk and benefit will also be able to disseminate therapies overseas as well. This is a development that China is embracing.

Wise.
    Last edited by HopeForSCI; 12-06-2007 at 09:54 PM.

I have a 2 month session coming. along with aqua and electric therapy.

i will document my gains.

Quote Originally Posted by Imight
    I have a 2 month session coming. along with aqua and electric therapy.
    Electric therapy! Holy smokes, don't them burn you! Remember, you
    can't feel it if something is getting to hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Buck_Nastier
    Electric therapy! Holy smokes, don't them burn you! Remember, you
    can't feel it if something is getting to hot.
    ive done it before, it never got hot tho

did aqua therapy yesterday, they really tried to wear me down, but im a tough cookie.

felt the difference today however. twas great, im stoked. more therapy tomorrow. im supposedly getting fitted for a brace on my right ankle.

it looks more and more like their going to transfer me to braces.