Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Some SCI Can Be Cured

Quote Originally Posted by HopeForSCI
    Acupuncture can help recover functions for SCI. Here is an example I have found from Chinese websites.

Hanhua Li was born in 1982. In 1995 when he was 13, he had won 36 gold and silver swimming medals in the national level in China. He was seen as a rare talent and the most hopeful for the Olympic gold medalist for China at that time. But an accident changed his life forever.
    · On 2/5/1999, he was injured due to a fall. He had C6-7 with comminuted fracture and was paralyzed from chest down. He had no feeling from chest down and lost all functions of sweat gland, bladder, and bowel. The articles did not say whether he was complete or incomplete.
    · He has received Acupuncture treatments and rehab. He keeps doing exercise.
    · In the end of 2004, he could walk with the walker. He could swim 800 meters without break. His new goal was to win a gold medal in the 2008 Olympic Games for the Disabled.

I have attached the news articles in a PDF file. They are written in Chinese. But you can see some pictures about his treatments, rehab, and exercise.
    Thank you for posting the information about Hanhua Li. I hope that he will recover more function. It is impressive that he can now swim 800 meters with a C6/7 injury and has ambitions to swim competitively again.

Over the past five years, I have met hundreds of people with spinal cord injury in China. Most have received both acupuncture and experimental therapies including cell transplants. Like many in the United States, they have discovered that motivation and exercise can result in substantial recovery.

I think that it is important that you do not oversell acupuncture. It puts an unfair burden on acupuncture. The acupuncture experts that I have talked to in China tell me that acupuncture can reduce spasticity and have beneficial effects on various problems associated with spinal cord injury. For example, I think that there should be clinical trials to see whether acupuncture can improve blood flow and healing of decubiti ulcers, whether it can reduce bladder spasticity and improve bladder function, whether it will prevent gallbladder stones and kidney stones which occur in a large proportion of people with chronic spinal cord injury.

There are also a great number of Chinese herbs, many of which have strong medicinal effects on the body. I want to urge people to be careful about what they take and that they get proper guidance from an expert before they start taking herbs. Some of the herbs promote clotting which increases the risk of thrombophlebitis, a significant problem for people with paralyzed legs.

I knew Sang Lan very well when she was here in the United States and have gone to China often to visit her. I know that she had received both herbal therapy and acupuncture. I don't think that these treatments have improved her recovery significantly.

Wise.

Functional Recovery is Certain

Quote Originally Posted by IanTPoulter
    But if you are conducting this therapy in america now surely you should have some local examples of success. Maybe even one person who has experienced one level of return? If you have credible examples of success then post them. Otherwise stop making insupportable claims.
    You previously posted that acupuncture was able to regenerate neurons in the spinal cord, I challenged you to prove it and you ignored my posts. It seems that you are unable to offer credible evidence for anything that you post. I will not call you a charlatan as that would be a personal attack but you can be sure I am thinking it.
    If I want a cure based on faith I know where to find Benny Hinn thanks.
    P.S. I think many of the people on this site already have a used car.
    Quote Originally Posted by IanTPoulter
    Return air fare to australia all expenses paid + $500,000 U.S. in your pocket if you can prove regeneration of neurons in spinal cord..

IanTPoulter:

I am sorry to hear your feeling but I thought I already covered your question implicitly in my previous posts. Like many other questions, I normally try to cover them as much as possible in my posts and sometimes do not answer them directly in order to make the forum less cluttered. I hope you would read my previous posts again to make sure. But today I will try to explain to you explicitly and might need to repeat some information in my previous posts. I know you are very knowledgeable about SCI so I am not going to repeat the terms already covered by tons of publications. My reasoning is:
    • The spinal cord injury causes the damage or loss of neurons and axons in the injured area and area below the injury. After the injury, the ability of the brain to communicate with the body below the level of the injury is reduced or lost altogether. Thus the part of body affected will not function normally. Do you agree?
    • When a therapy recovers functions for the paralyzed body, the communications to the body below the injury are improved. Such gain is accomplished by increasing or improving neurons and axons in the injured spinal cord area. Do you agree?
    • Acupuncture and Chinese medicine have been proven to be effective for recovering functions for SCI. Many studies support such efficacy. Here are a few study examples extracted from the book “Alternative Medicine and Spinal Cord Injury” by Laurance Johnston, PhD and published by Demos Medical Publishing (January 2006).
      • Gao et al (China) treated 261 individuals with SCI, of which 79% had been injured at least one year. Ninety-five percent had some improvement, such as improved sensation, bowel-and-bladder function, spasticity, and walking. The authors speculate that acupuncture improves regeneration-promoting circulation around the spinal cord.
      • Wang (China) summarized the treatment of 82 cases of SCI with electroacupuncture of bladder-meridian points (lateral to the vertebrae). Ninety-three percent accrued functional benefits, including improved lower-limb and bowel-and-bladder function.
      • Cheng and colleagues (Taiwan) showed that electroacupuncture-treated patients achieved balanced voiding in fewer days than controls. Patients starting acupuncture within three weeks of injury required fewer treatments compared to those treated later.
    • Many SCI patients have recovered some functions by receiving acupuncture treatments. This is an undeniable fact. So acupuncture can recover functions for SCI. And the functions are communicated by neurons and axons through the injured area. So we can conclude that acupuncture can help or encourage our body to regenerate neurons and axons. Do you agree?
    We all know Acupuncture is safe and has no side effects and has been tried in human for two thousands years. It has no down side. It is very inexpensive and also has other health benefits. Lots of cases support its efficacy to treat SCI. Do we still need to try acupuncture in rats in order to make sure it works in human? How relevant is it from rats to human? It seems people trust the results on rats more than those on human.

Western medicine is the mainstream. Ordinary people only trust the mainstream medicine. This is understandable. But most professional doctors believe the western medicine is the only way. They attribute any improvements to self-recovery other than from the alternative therapies. What an irresponsible and arrogant attitude! Western medicine is still evolving and has not figured out how our nerve system works yet. It can improve very little to chronic SCI. But they are so sure that no other therapies can improve just because they do not know how. They tend to denounce any alternative therapies lightly. But in the other hand they confine themselves into their own boxes. They have a lot of excuses to get away with responsibilities such as “Cancer is incurable and the cured is not cancer”, “SCI is incurable”, “Damaged brain cell cannot be repaired”, etc. When faced with so many improved SCI cases by acupuncture, they use their usual denial approach.

My doctor has achieved some research breakthrough for treating SCI using Acupuncture and Chinese medicine. He has just started to offer the treatment to more people. This is just the beginning of new era. Like the studies mentioned above, he will publish his clinical results once enough data are collected. Here is one case he has treated.
    • Situation Before Treatment: SCI 10 years ago, paraplegia, no bladder or bowel functions, 1 year ago suffered brain damage due to a fall and had brain surgery due to internal bleeding in brain, right hand spasms and no motor function, right leg spasm and no motor function, left leg has limited movement but with no strength, cannot sit straight, lost language ability, use left hand to signal.
    • After two-month treatment: Left leg can kick with some strength, right leg can curve and hold for a few minutes while laying on back. Bowel starts movement. Gain some control to bladder. He can hold it and signal nurse to come to empty it.
    In order to encourage people to participate his clinical studies, my doctor is currently offering money back guarantee for his treatment program. If there is no improvement after completing his two-month program, he will refund all the payments. Isn’t it very reasonable?

Let’s take a look at other doctors such as Dr. Huang, Dr. Lima, and Dr. McDonald. What did the initial participants take to make up their mind? It was definitely NOT based on any cured cases on human. It was probably on some cured rats. The decisions should be based on the risks, efficacy, and costs. Based on these criteria, acupuncture and Chinese medicine is the better approach. Don’t you agree? I don’t know if you want to risk your daughter’s life to go for some unproven and irreversible procedure. Injecting cells into the spinal cord can be deadly and can have many side effects if not performed properly.

For Dr. Young’s clinical trials in ChinaSCINet, he is considering using Dr. Huang's method for the transplantation of umbilical cord blood cells because he believes that Dr. Huang’s method of injecting the cells into the spinal cord is reasonably safe. By taking advantage of the existing technique, Dr. Young does not need to spend money and time to reinvent the wheel. If Dr. Young’s clinical trials are successful, he will eventually transfer such procedure to clinical doctors. These clinical doctors will actually carry out the treatments for SCI patients. Isn’t it unreasonable to ask a clinical doctor to provide his own cured case before the first patient goes for treatment?

I believe you must have spent lots of time learning SCI after your daughter’s injury. You have contributed a lot to the forum with many posts. In fact I enjoyed reading lots of your posts in politics and agree with many of your political views. But I am sorry somehow that you remind me of a politician. What does a politician do best? Empty promises. I hope you don’t mind my expressing the feeling this way. If you are sincere, why don’t we work this out using the following approach?
    • Why don’t you buy your own tickets and come to Los Angeles? You will be able to witness how your daughter can be improved functionally.
    • My doctor will treat your daughter for two-month. If your daughter does not have any functional improvement after completing his two-month program, you do not need to pay a penny. But if your daughter does have functional improvements, that means the treatment has improved the communications through her injured spinal area thus helped to regenerate more neurons and axons. At that moment, my point is proved and I am sure you will be happy to see your daughter’s recovery, but you will need to keep at least half of your promise.
    Based on the theories and practices of acupuncture and Chinese medicine, functional recovery for SCI is certain. And I am very serious about recovering functions for your daughter. If you disagree with some of my opinions, please present your discussions.

Take care.
    HopeForSCI
    -----------------------------------
    (To go to my previous posts, please click my name “HopeForSCI” at the left hand side and select “Find More Posts by HopeForSCI”.)
    Last edited by HopeForSCI; 07-03-2006 at 01:19 PM.

So you ARE selling something. I don't know what you get out of this, but you obviously have some sort of vested interest. Your doctor is offering a half price sale!

If your doctor's methods work as you say, you wouldn't have to advertise this on an SCI community message board. People would be lined up at the doctor's doors each day. News crews with satellite trucks would be camped out in the parking lot, waiting with baited breath for startling "before" and "after" stories of the "cured."

While accupuncture may help certain aspects of SCI (spasticity or potentially blood flow as suggested by Dr. Wise Young), it is not the cure you say. The good accupuncturist doctor would not find it necessary to offer a half-price sale on an Internet message board. He could charge double and triple for his services. Other health care practitioners would continually consult with the doctor to learn how to replicate his successes.

It just ain't so HopeforSCI.

Hope,
    Where in Los Angeles is the doctor you are speaking of? And what is his name?
    Life isn't about getting thru the storm but learning to dance in the rain.

But people refuse to accept it because they don’t understand it.
    Hope, I don't think that many people refuse to accept that accupuncture may bring forth benefits. People (at least I) refuse to accept your unfounded claims of a cure, based on at best very loose unsubstantiated facts and long winded non-responses.

I would be the first to fly anywhere in the world for a reasonable risk free chance to recover my bowel and/or bladder no matter what the expense, but so far you have failed to convince even one person on this site that your Doctor can totally or partially "cure" paralysis. And to do it at a discount?? As advice I would add that a stronger and more documented argument would be much more convincing to build up your clientele than a discount. Like I said before, you are not selling canned peas.
    T6 complete (or so I think), SCI since September 21, 2003

Human Body is not a Machine!

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Young
    Thank you for posting the information about Hanhua Li. I hope that he will recover more function. It is impressive that he can now swim 800 meters with a C6/7 injury and has ambitions to swim competitively again.

Over the past five years, I have met hundreds of people with spinal cord injury in China. Most have received both acupuncture and experimental therapies including cell transplants. Like many in the United States, they have discovered that motivation and exercise can result in substantial recovery.

I think that it is important that you do not oversell acupuncture. It puts an unfair burden on acupuncture. The acupuncture experts that I have talked to in China tell me that acupuncture can reduce spasticity and have beneficial effects on various problems associated with spinal cord injury. For example, I think that there should be clinical trials to see whether acupuncture can improve blood flow and healing of decubiti ulcers, whether it can reduce bladder spasticity and improve bladder function, whether it will prevent gallbladder stones and kidney stones which occur in a large proportion of people with chronic spinal cord injury.

There are also a great number of Chinese herbs, many of which have strong medicinal effects on the body. I want to urge people to be careful about what they take and that they get proper guidance from an expert before they start taking herbs. Some of the herbs promote clotting which increases the risk of thrombophlebitis, a significant problem for people with paralyzed legs.

I knew Sang Lan very well when she was here in the United States and have gone to China often to visit her. I know that she had received both herbal therapy and acupuncture. I don't think that these treatments have improved her recovery significantly.

Wise.
    Dr. Young:

Thank you very much for your time and comments. You have devoted a lot of energy into the community forums and must have spent lots of overtime hours to so many great posts. Knowledge is power. Sharing your knowledge is empowering everyone. I really appreciate your efforts and you are so wonderful. Allow me to discuss my opinions and some might not agree with yours.

Chinese medicine is a complete and developed medical science. It is based on the totally different theories and practices from western medicine and looks at the ailments of human body from a completely different angle. Human body is not a machine and is not made simply from its parts. Human body is a self-healing organism. We need to explore both medical systems to better serve the humanity. The good example to illustrate the difference is bacteria infection. When our body is infected by bacteria, two approaches can be taken.
    • The first is to kill the bacteria by a prophylactic antibiotic. This is the approach by western medicine.
    • The second is to treat patient as a whole so that his own self-healing system kills the bacteria. This is the approach by Chinese medicine. It is achieved by using herbs. The herbs do not kill bacteria directly. It only helps our body to eliminate the infection by using its self-healing mechanism. Chinese medicine has the complete theories on how to improve our body’s self-healing mechanism to fight various diseases by itself. Thus Chinese medicine is a holistic medicine.
    To help illustrate the benefits of a holistic approach, the following analogy comes to my mind. Assume you have a son who is currently in grade school. Sometimes he asks you questions about his assignments. There are two ways you can help.
    • The first is to complete the assignments for him without explanations. So he can be done with it and go play and have some fun. But the downside is that he will ask you again when similar assignments come.
    • The second is to explain and to teach him so he can improve his knowledge to solve the assignments himself. Since now he has improved the knowledge thus problem-solving capability, he does not need to ask you again when similar assignments come. This is the holistic approach.
    In China, western medicine is also the mainstream even though Chinese medicine is very common. Western medicine can very effectively treat many difficult ailments by using surgeries and drugs. But it also has its own weakness. Western medicine is subdivided into finer and finer disciplinary branches. Its doctors become too specialized and sometimes it takes a few doctors in order to solve a common and simple problem. Western medicine has two main groups of professionals: one for laboratory research and the other for clinical applications. For example, you focus on the laboratory research and are among the most knowledgeable on SCI. But after your successful clinical trials, you will transfer the technology to clinical doctors for mass applications. You probably do not involve in the daily clinical treatments.

Chinese medicine has different theories for clinical practices. It does not have lab research. It combines the clinical trials and clinical applications together. Its system of diagnosis is geared to finding an individual tailor-made treatment for an individual patient. So each treatment is essentially a clinical trial. Chinese medicine has two fundamental principles: selection of treatment based on the differential diagnosis and holism. These must be followed in the practice in order to ensure consistent efficacy. Practitioners need to continue to improve his understandings through clinical practices. Many Chinese medicine doctors have obtained very high professional achievements so that they can almost treat any ailments related to human body (except those where surgeries are necessary). The spectrum of ailments an individual Chinese medicine doctor treats can become so wide and unthinkable or impossible for any doctor in western medicine. For example, my Chinese medicine doctor has now become the only doctor I see for most of health care needs. I have not seen any western medicine doctors for the last three years even though I have medical insurance. Some examples of his successful treatments are autism, cerebral palsy, post stroke symptoms, cold/flu, headache, insomnia, stomachache, bladder and bowel problems, menstrual pain, neck/shoulder/waist/leg/back pains, infertility, and herniated disc. Basically he has covered the specialties of internal medicine doctor, chiropractor, orthopedist, pediatrician, neurologist, and gynecologist. I am not making this up because he has decades of detailed clinical treatment logs to prove it.

Now he would like to expand his clinical treatments for SCI. I have already posted one of his cases in this forum. You can see the functional improvement in two months is quite impressive. Of course he still needs to collect more data for more cases in order to validate his consistent efficacy on SCI. Based on the theories and practices of Chinese medicine, SCI functions can be recovered. Some people recover functions naturally after a few years of SCI. This tells us that human body has the self-healing capability for SCI. By improving such self-healing capability using Chinese medicine, the recovery time can be reduced. For example, for some functions that normally take 2 years to come back naturally may only take 2 months through treatments.

The development of Chinese medicine is very scientific. It came from practical experience of human activities and was the sublimation of centuries of empirical and clinical studies. It took generations of efforts from many esteemed philosophers, theoreticians, physicians, and herbalists. Its basic theory and practice today are still much the same as when it was practiced twenty centuries ago. It has twenty centuries documented clinical efficacy. There is no doubt that it is scientific. The documented human history has only been around five thousand years. Five-thousand years is a very insignificant number to have any impact to the evolution of human brain. So the human brain is not more advanced today than two thousand years ago. The ancient people were as smart as people today. The reason why we can see further is because we are standing on their shoulders. We need to respect the ancient cultures and should not look down on them at all.

China had experienced the most turbulent history in the last century and a lot of ancient culture was damaged or destroyed at that time. Chinese medicine also suffered a major setback due to wrong government policies in the last century. The concepts of Chinese medicine are very abstract and not materialistic. They are harder to understand for anyone educated with modern science. During last century many famous Chinese scholars even labeled Chinese medicine unscientific because they could not understand it. Most of them were not doctors and did not practice Chinese medicine. But the government policies were affected by their untruthful comments. Nowadays the official policy is still the integration of Chinese medicine with western medicine that was originally formulated during the turmoil years (aka. Cultural Revolution, 1966-1976). Since the differential diagnosis in Chinese medicine is harder to learn, those people preferred the easier diagnosis based mostly on lab tests in western medicine. But they still want to keep the efficacy of Chinese medicine. Thus they formed the integration which uses diagnosis techniques of western medicine and treatment techniques of Chinese medicine. Decades of practice has demonstrated that such integration has failed. Without following the guidance from principles of Chinese medicine, the treatment is unfounded thus the efficacy is reduced. In order to achieve the high efficacy, the two fundamental principles of Chinese medicine must be followed. Acupuncture is just one of the treatments in Chinese medicine and also must follow those principles in order to be effective. Putting needles into human skin is easy. But selection of acupuncture points is not easy because it must be based on the principles of Chinese medicine in order to see the consistent efficacy. Here are a few analogies to help explain why the fundamental principles must be followed in order to ensure the efficacy.
    • Chinese chess is a similar board game to chess (In China it is called “International Chess”). Each game has its own rules and one must follow the rules in order to learn and improve the skills. The skills of a chess master cannot be applied to the game of Chinese chess. And vise versa. For a chess master to become a master of Chinese chess, he/she must put all the rules of chess aside and start from scratch to learn the rules and skills of Chinese chess. Same applies to Chinese medicine. For one to learn Chinese medicine, he/she must learn and apply its theories while putting aside concepts of western medicine.
    • Football is the number one sport in US but soccer is the number one sport in the world. In order to improve the soccer game in US, we cannot apply the rules and training from football. The rules of soccer must be followed. The experience of elite teams from around the world needs to be applied in order to improve the game in US. Same to Chinese medicine. In order to for Chinese medicine to better serve the humanity, the experts of Chinese medicine must be consulted to formulate standards and policies.
    As you mentioned in your previous posts, it is hard to use western standards of medicine to assess acupuncture. Clinical trials in big scale are possible for Chinese medicine but must follow its own principles in order to be meaningful. The current double-blind randomized clinical trials are only suitable to western medicine and cannot be used to Chinese medicine. New clinical trial standards need to be formulated for acupuncture and Chinese medicine. But this takes time, money, and support from society.

I appreciate your care for Sang Lan. What a tragedy to such a promising gymnastic star! I believe she should seek a different Chinese medicine doctor if she has not seen any improvement. But I think this is not probably up to her. She has a whole medical team to make decisions for her. Her medical team is probably consisted of mostly western medicine influenced doctors. It will make a difference if she has a truly traditional Chinese medicine doctor in her team. Wish her good luck!

A Lot of topics discussed here have already been debated for decades in China. Let’s not get ourselves into those lengthy debates. Let’s focus on SCI here. Even though there are cases where acupuncture does not show effects on recovering SCI, acupuncture and Chinese medicine has recovered functions for many SCIs in China, Korea, and Japan. It is a fact that Chinese medicine can recover functions for SCI. Such fact cannot be changed irregardless of anyone’s personal knowledge and experience. You are among the most renowned scientists in the world. People often take your personal opinions as facts. So it is a scientist’s duty to speak from facts as much as possible.

Let me conclude today’s discussion with an analogy. Cars can be mass manufactured from assembly lines or custom made to meet individual’s needs. For clinical applications, western medicine is like cars from assembly lines and can meet the vast majority people’s health care needs. Chinese medicine is like custom made cars and is harder to be mass applied. But for the healthcare costs, nowadays Chinese medicine is like cars from assembly lines while western medicine is like the expensive custom made cars. Congratulations to the people who have found the benefits from Chinese medicine because they are driving Bentley for the cost of Ford Escort.

I have learned a lot from your discussions and really appreciate your time and knowledge.

HopeForSCI
    Last edited by HopeForSCI; 07-04-2006 at 08:59 PM.

I appreciate your care for Sang Lan. What a tragedy to such a promising gymnastic star! I believe she should seek a different Chinese medicine doctor if she has not seen any improvement. But I think this is not probably up to her. She has a whole medical team to make decisions for her. Her medical team is probably consisted of mostly western medicine influenced doctors. It will make a difference if she has a truly traditional Chinese medicine doctor in her team. Wish her good luck!

<snip>

Let’s focus on SCI here. Even though there are cases where acupuncture does not show effects on recovering SCI, acupuncture and Chinese medicine has recovered functions for many SCIs in China, Korea, and Japan. It is a fact that Chinese medicine can recover functions for SCI. Such fact cannot be changed irregardless of anyone’s personal knowledge and experience. You are among the most renowned scientists in the world. People often take your personal opinions as facts. So it is a scientist’s duty to speak from facts as much as possible.

China is famous for their sports medicine doctors. Of course Sang Lan would have access to the best treatments of western and traditional chinese medicine. It has not cured her. Yes, let's focus on SCI. The simple fact is that there are many people who are not cured, even under the care of experienced practitioners of traditional chinese medicine.
    Daniel

I have already posted one of his cases in this forum. You can see the functional improvement in two months is quite impressive.
    HopeForSCI
    No, HopeforSCI, actually I cannot see the functional improvement you claim to have posted. Yes, you wrote some (actually many) things about a wide spectrum of topics, and yes you wrote a little about SCI. You did not post a convincing case.

I personally think that your approach here set the bar too high, thus was not perceived as believable. Your defense of the claims does not convince. Document the cases well, that is all you have to do.

All of us want a cure. Many are doing something about it and others are dedicating their life to it for the benefit of us all. Maybe your often referred to Doctor can be part of the process, maybe not, but having good intentions and wanting a cure doesn´t necessarily mean that a cure will follow. It hasn´t yet for anyone as far as the many experts who contribute to this site can attest to.

Document your cases well. We do not need to hear about Fords and Bentleys. That achieves nothing. Document your cases, back up what you say with facts that can be corroborated.
    T6 complete (or so I think), SCI since September 21, 2003

HopeForSCI

The below sentence in blue is a quote from your last post. Please elaborate as I have outlined.

Thank You

Some examples of his successful treatments are autism, cerebral palsy,

How many successful treatments of cerebral palsy does your doctor have to his credit, and out of how many? How old was each patient when diagnosed originally? How many years of treatment with your doctor? To what exact level of success was achieved in each case. How many cases were considered failures, after how long of a period of treatment. What are the people's names who were successes? Where and what are they doing now?

Autism and Cerebral Palsy Can be Cured!

Quote Originally Posted by eagle18
    The below sentence in blue is a quote from your last post. Please elaborate as I have outlined.

Thank You

Some examples of his successful treatments are autism, cerebral palsy,

How many successful treatments of cerebral palsy does your doctor have to his credit, and out of how many? How old was each patient when diagnosed originally? How many years of treatment with your doctor? To what exact level of success was achieved in each case. How many cases were considered failures, after how long of a period of treatment. What are the people's names who were successes? Where and what are they doing now?

Eagle18:

Thank you for your inquiry. My doctor has conducted over 20 years’ clinical studies on autism, cerebral palsy, and other brain diseases. He has treated 40 cases of autism and cerebral palsy. Significant improvement has been demonstrated in every case. Five (5) cases have been recovered fully. The majority of cases are under age 10. The optimum treatment time is under age 5. Here are the details for the five cured cases.
    • Cerebral palsy, diagnosed at age 1.5, treated for 5.5 years, now attends normal school.
    • Cerebral palsy, diagnosed at age 5, treated for 2.5 years, now attends normal school.
    • Autism, diagnosed at age 8, treated for 1.5 years, now attends normal school.
    • Autism, diagnosed at age 2.5, treated for 1 year, fully recovered.
    • Autism, diagnosed at age 3, treated for 4 months, fully recovered.
    The number 4 case above was recently cured (June 2006). Current on-going cases include 2 cases of cerebral palsy and 2 other brain diseases. Every case has showed good improvement during the first 1 to 2 months. He has also published quite a few articles regarding autism and cerebral palsy treatments in local magazines.

Western medicine considers these diseases are totally untreatable and can only provide language and behavior training. Western medicine regards that damaged brain cell cannot be reconstructed or repaired. (Such concepts might have been revised very recently.)

But Chinese medicine never considers these brain diseases incurable. Human body is a self-healing organism. Chinese medicine has its complete theories on how to improve human body’s self-healing capability to fight any diseases. Such efficacy has been validated and documented for over two thousand years. Same theories can be applied to recover functions for SCI.

Sorry I am not allowed to disclose any patients’ information to the public due to privacy protection. If you need more information regarding the treatment programs for autism and cerebral palsy, please email me directly at HopeForSCI@yahoo.com.

Take care.
    HopeForSCI
    Last edited by HopeForSCI; 07-04-2006 at 09:38 PM.