Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Some SCI Can Be Cured

Sorry, it was a little tasteless

BTW,

the connection was an analogy between HopeForSci's idea of a cure for spinal cord injury...aw, forget it....it wasn't meant to be rude- sorry you perceived it that way.

... I understood the context in which it was intended. Just felt that since there are other CCers with both SCI and TBI, it wasn't necessarily the most polite statement.

I would agree that HopeForSCI, as an AB person, is a bit insensitive to the feelings of people living with SCI. Rather than offer hope, the statements he made only infuriated and enflamed the emotions of CCers. It's just sad how one person's extremely misguided good intentions generate so much controversy and animousity.
    Daniel

These people do not speak the best of English...but they are extremely compassionate towards SCI.

i dont think there intentions are to give people false hope.

Quote Originally Posted by spidergirl
    I went to these people today and i would like to tell the thread a few things. First off, I am unable to disclose personal information as i signed a release not to do so. After my 1st visit today, i decided to partake in the minimum of 2 month, 3x a week session because i felt it was worth returning.

These people were very kind and very passionate about helping to make me better. We all know of course there is never any guarantees in anything but i can honestly say that these people want to make me better with all their heart and soul...the passion that i saw with this doctor was so great and so strong that i felt his practices and healings run right through me.He was not phony nor a fake.

I will continue to speak of my progress. Today he made my back feel great! But, this is just the beginning.
    First of all, I am glad that you decided to go and felt it was worth returning. Hopefully some good will come out of it for you.

Still, the original message was intended to raise hope. Hope for recovery that to date has not been able to be delivered to anyone by anyone and do it through a treatment that has been tried by many in CC including me (granted I quit after a few visits and did not give it much of a chance).

Anyways, relieving back pain, muscle pain, headaches, etc. is something that many people will say has been done through accupuncture. Going from T1 to T12 or recovering bowel and bladder is a totally different thing, and that is what they promised, two for one or your money back, etc. etc., which is what raised our scepticism a tonfold.

Anyways, the important thing is that you were one of the first sceptics on the thread yet decided to give it a shot. Please let us know how it goes.
    T6 complete (or so I think), SCI since September 21, 2003

The cure for SCI involves sleeping on an inclined bed, aroma therapy, vitamins, magnets and LSD grey magic tuning of pics.

Quote Originally Posted by spidergirl
    I went to these people today and i would like to tell the thread a few things. First off, I am unable to disclose personal information as i signed a release not to do so. After my 1st visit today, i decided to partake in the minimum of 2 month, 3x a week session because i felt it was worth returning.

These people were very kind and very passionate about helping to make me better. We all know of course there is never any guarantees in anything but i can honestly say that these people want to make me better with all their heart and soul...the passion that i saw with this doctor was so great and so strong that i felt his practices and healings run right through me.He was not phony nor a fake.

I will continue to speak of my progress. Today he made my back feel great! But, this is just the beginning.
    Spidergirl, thanks. Wise.

Spidergirl,

Great on your back pain. But, con's are good because they are so good at conning. No one ever got their money taken by someone they didn't trust.

Quote Originally Posted by cjo
    The cure for SCI involves sleeping on an inclined bed, aroma therapy, vitamins, magnets and LSD grey magic tuning of pics.

Quote Originally Posted by cjo
    I haven't seen much of our friend Andy recently.
    Daniel