Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Stem cells target paralysis

Stem cells target paralysis

Friday, Nov. 30, 2007
    Stem cells target paralysis

Neuralstem to start tests for Lou Gehrig’s disease

by Steve Berberich | Staff Writer
    E-mail this article \ Print this article

Neuralstem Inc., the tiny Rockville biotech whose human stem cells have helped paralyzed rats walk again, is poised to launch its first trials on severe spinal cord conditions in humans.

The 11-year-old company is finally readying for trials of its patented nerve stem cell products on the first three of its possible targets: traumatic spinal cord injury; another type of paralysis often associated with stroke; and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, known as Lou Gehrig’s disease. There are no cures for the conditions.
    In a study at Johns Hopkins, Neuralstem stem cells extended the life of rats with a form of ALS.

‘‘These stem cells not only survived in an extremely adverse environment, but may have actually produced and delivered motor neuron growth factors, which promote growth and function, to the sick motor neurons,” said Vassillis E. Koliatsos, whose lab conducted the study.

more:

http://www.gazette.net/stories/11300...39_32361.shtml

This looks very exciting, lets hope they follow through with their current plans and file the IND in 2008 for SCI!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bikeracer
    This looks very exciting, lets hope they follow through with their current plans and file the IND in 2008 for SCI!!!

I think this is the company, Neuralstem Inc, to support financially, this company is serious about helping people with spinal cord injury to get up and walk again. Maybe we can buy the stock, or do something to help them.

Any ideas?

manouli.

Talking

I am serious let's write to this company, we are thousands of us here, let them know we are behind them and we want to help right way. Come on guys let's do something. this company will be very happy to hear from us. we should all write to them ok?

manouli.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=CUR

hey manouli,

your right...here's the ceo blog

http://www.neuralstem.com/eBlog/default.asp?Display=8

pretty straight talk

i'll try to write an invite to CC to him.......my guess is he's been here

rock on
    http://justadollarplease.org/

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member

"You kids and your cures, why back when I was injured they gave us a wheelchair and that's the way it was and we liked it!" Grumpy Old Man

.."i used to be able to goof around so much because i knew Superman had my back. now all i've got is his example -- and that's gonna have to be enough."

Quote Originally Posted by Leo
    hey manouli,

your right...here's the ceo blog

http://www.neuralstem.com/eBlog/default.asp?Display=8

pretty straight talk

i'll try to write an invite to CC to him.......my guess is he's been here

rock on
    Thank you Leo, I just wrote them too. We must support companies that are working for the cure, and we know they are not many companies who will or doing that. If thousands in weelchairs go to the company, there will be a big news on TV and news papers, and we need that. They need 150,000 to start each person clinical trials. We have a lot smart guys here they can help us do something good here.

manouli.

i agree... if we work togheter we will succeed .we need a cure.
    • Dum spiro, spero.
      • Translation: "As long as I breathe, I hope."

you already know what i think about it.......we need to contact these people and put our heads together...... and tell thdem money is not the proublem if they are foreal.......its enough of use to get this started.....our time is comming soon too loose these wheels.so if they need a push we gottaa give it to them..........with everything we got...........

yup i agree we can show up at this company for one day and show them we need serious bissness these guys are talking god game....they are talking about doing something now not 20 years from now..we gotta jump on this and let them know we are behind them 10,000 percent

Yiassou Manouli!

Thanks for your email! Did you receive my reply? Also thanks for this post regarding Neuralstem. I know that there are many in the ALS community who are excited and hopeful about this. As stated above Neuralstem is prepared to conduct human trials now, not in 5 or 10 years!

Agios