Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Have some sensations!

derek, that's great that you're getting sensation back! for me, it does come back suddenly, not gradually. one day it's just there. do you get strange sensations such as:

when you touch or scratch a part of your body, and you can feel it at the same time somewhere else on your body?

i do, it's weird. i scratched my ear and felt it on my foot.

o! now i feel it on my thigh,lol

i'm a dork i know
    Never take life seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway

Frank's blog:
    http://www.franktalk-scurry.blogspot.com
    My regular blog:
    http://www.ithinkithinktoomuchblog.blogspot.com

I remember when my sensation started coming back. I was in PT and they were measuring me for full leg braces. I had movement in my knee and hip joints but just had no feeling below my hips/waist. They stood me up to measure and I could feel pressure sensation. The day before they had done the same thing and I had felt nothing. It didnt hurt but it was a weird feeling. It was like it just happened overnight. Then a couple of weeks later the burning and pain started. My feet and lower legs below the knees feel like they are asleep. Tingling or Feeling really cold and the like. Its almost as though the sensation was traveling down as it was coming back. Everyday few days I could tell a difference. I never got movement in my feet and I cant shave my legs because it is excruciating. Even someone just touching the insides of my ankles sends me into fits. The backs of my legs are completely numb no pain or feeling at all. I have burned myself before too......standing to close to campfires and running the water too hot or sitting in a hot car seat. It happened several times during my first year.....I am alot more careful now. It is really weird that some areas hurt so bad and others their is no feeling. Then factor in having an itch on a place that is numb and you scratch but it keeps on feeling like it is itching...... Just have to divert my attention to something because some days it drives me insane. I think over the years i have developed an extremely high tolerance for pain due to all these weird areas on my lower body. I went to the doctor Friday because my ear had been stopped up and kind of popping for a month. No other problems ie stuffy nose or sinus problems. My doctor just kind of looked at me all puzzled. She said I had a major ear infection in both ears. She couldnt quite understand that I couldnt feel it. She kept asking me questions. This is not the first time I have had something like this happen.

It is wonderful you are getting sensation back!!!! I guess the best way to explain is when I was AB and my leg/foot went to sleep. You bang it on the floor and move it around and it tingled and burned until it went back to normal. That is what you feel like when your nerves are "awaking" from your injury. Mine just never quite woke up in spots LOL
    Last edited by darkeyed_daisy; 05-29-2006 at 01:53 PM.
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by cali
    derek, that's great that you're getting sensation back! for me, it does come back suddenly, not gradually. one day it's just there. do you get strange sensations such as:

when you touch or scratch a part of your body, and you can feel it at the same time somewhere else on your body?

i do, it's weird. i scratched my ear and felt it on my foot.

o! now i feel it on my thigh,lol

i'm a dork i know
    I sometimes get those sensations. Scratch your face and feel it in your toe. I don't have the sensation I described in my thigh anymore. I get some sensations back on some days. They don't come gradually, they come all of a sudden and might be gone a few days later. I don't get it but if I get sensation in my leg for a day, a mintue, a second, I'm content.

I've just noticed today that I've regained alot of my sensations in my back. How is this possible??

Quote Originally Posted by WonderDerek
    I sometimes get those sensations. Scratch your face and feel it in your toe. I don't have the sensation I described in my thigh anymore. I get some sensations back on some days. They don't come gradually, they come all of a sudden and might be gone a few days later. I don't get it but if I get sensation in my leg for a day, a mintue, a second, I'm content.
    that's how my trace movements are. one day i can do it then i can't do it for days/weeks after.
    Never take life seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway

Frank's blog:
    http://www.franktalk-scurry.blogspot.com
    My regular blog:
    http://www.ithinkithinktoomuchblog.blogspot.com

Angry

Yeah, it kind of sucks

Sensations

WDerek, I feel like I'm going through these uncomfortable fellings with you! Only mine are showing up more and more as i decrease baclofen. It's strange that spasms are not getting worse as I turn this pump down. Tone is really not changing, but the tingling/freezing stuff is all-time. It's been my experience that this goes on for a few days as I get used to the lower dose of baclofen. Then the feelings start to be more normal.

Cali, I scratch my stomach and feel stuff in my shin! Bizare!

Does anyone know if these new feelings and proprioception show up and are followed by the ability to move?

Pat

Quote Originally Posted by patd
    WDerek, I feel like I'm going through these uncomfortable fellings with you! Only mine are showing up more and more as i decrease baclofen. It's strange that spasms are not getting worse as I turn this pump down. Tone is really not changing, but the tingling/freezing stuff is all-time. It's been my experience that this goes on for a few days as I get used to the lower dose of baclofen. Then the feelings start to be more normal.

Cali, I scratch my stomach and feel stuff in my shin! Bizare!

Does anyone know if these new feelings and proprioception show up and are followed by the ability to move?

Pat
    I'm ALWAYS, and I do mean always, cold. Didn't knnow Baclofen had anything to do with it. That sucks.

I doubt that they are associdated with the return of mobility. But I could be wrong

I can feel it anywhere I scratch as long as I know I'm doing it. Don't understand that. Damn mind tricks.

Cold

WDerek, I think I remember that you are taking cumadin still? That makes you feel cold for sure. Gotta go to work, Pat

Quote Originally Posted by patd
    WDerek, I think I remember that you are taking cumadin still? That makes you feel cold for sure. Gotta go to work, Pat
    Yeah but it has just recently gotten worse since I have stopped taken Baclofen. I didn't put 2 and 2 together. Have fun at work and good memory!