Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: nasty stomach ache

Unhappy nasty stomach ache

jim has been under the weather for the better part of the day. we got up early this morning...he and some friends made plans to go to the dog races. he said he didn't feel well,, but he's a trooper and we went on our way. mid way through the day he said we have to cut this short and head home...he even looked like he didn't feel well.

we got home and he immediately went to lie down. his pressure and temp was fine, but his stomach was in knots. about an hour later and enema later the flood gates opened at both ends. he's not one for taking any extra pills, but this was one time that it was truly needed...he took lorazipam(sp)5mg so he could at least sleep.

he's on his 2nd dose right now...i've been sitting here with him since 5. the poor guy...i don't know what to do. i know it's gonna run its course, but DAM. i'm trying to force the water, but he doesn't really want to do that...feels like it's gonna come up on him. he's even afraid his meds won't make it down.

wish me luck...looks like i'll be pulling an all nighter here in the lazy boy.

stormie

Aw geez Storm .... just read this this am .... how's it going? Poor Jim .... kind of sounds like a stomach bug or maybe he just needed a good clean out .. I hope that's all it is ... everything they go through is compounded by the limitations of their sci .. especially puking! My heart breaks when I hear Bill wretch {which for what ever reason happens more often than not} ... as for the other end he would just have to empty his bag more often .. if it hasn't already exploded .... what doesn't kill us makes us stronger .. I guess ! I hope the moment passes quickly for you guys .... remember to take care of you too ... sending a little light your way just in case !

Obieone
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

Thumbs up

we made it through the night. he's feelin better, but his stomach is very sore. i think he had food poisoning...dam taco bell salad. we very rarely eat out; i was tired from working in the yard. seemed like a good idea at the time...quick and easy....yeah right...lol

what sucked about the whole thing was that i couldn't do a dam thing for him.
    all i could do was sit there...he didn't even want me to touch him. it all worked out in the end...he fell asleep by midnight...did i...lol no...i kept watching over him. i swear he thought i was stalking him

thanks for the good thoughts obie...they r always welcome. hope all is well with your beautiful family!

stormie

Glad to hear Jim is better!!!!!!!!

glad to hear he is better! When I read this last night I was wondering if it was food poisoning. I place my bets on the sour cream.

Tis the season for it. Mom gets so mad at me bc I won't eat dinner when I get home from work. Well, she sets the table with it at 5pm, and I don't get home til 6:30. She leaves everything out til I get home. Thanks but no thanks.

Now it's rehydration time. Do you happen to have any pedialyte in the house? When I had fp back in 2004, I was in urgent care with an iv in each arm and my doc told me to sip on pedialyte when i got to the point where I started trying to drink stuff again.

he just got finished with his first meal...his stomach hurts a bit still. i'm really pushin the fluids. thanks jadis....will do on the pedialyte. sis has some for the baby...i'll snatch some for jim. i guess it was a quick way to loose a couple pounds...at least that's what he says

Stormie-
    Glad Jim is starting to feel better...Re:Pedialyte, good sugestion, if he doesn't wanna drink it, get some of the Pedialyte popsicles, they're not all that bad...I get them when I get the flu, had an ER dr suggest it a few yrs ago when I spent all nite w/IV fluids...Glad she did....it's a great idea, especially if he's afraid to drink the fluids...
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......

Quote Originally Posted by stormie427
    i guess it was a quick way to loose a couple pounds...at least that's what he says
    yeah, i lost 50 lb that way - definitely not recommended.

Just watch fluids etc with lots of sugar in it--adds to the diahrrea problem. Sipping is good, no more than a couple ounces at a time. That will help keep it down and prevent that reflex to vomit from kicking in. Once u get to a certain point, no matter what, it's coming back up.

Did his dinner stay down?

only water, but he did ask for coffee...wanted to get his urine flowing better. dinner went fine...but couldn't eat all that much. i told him it would probably be a day or 2 before he felt 100%.

u won't believe this one when i tell u this. last friday i worked in the yard all day...jim felt bad and said don't worry about dinner...we'll order out. i didn't feel like taking a shower right away, so we had pizza delivered. boy was i sorry we did that...i paid dearly the next day. i lost 5 lbs....i couldn't even go to work. i had to stay within feet of the bathroom. i hadn't felt like that in over 15 yrs...needless to say jim and i won't be having any fast food any time soon!

YIKES Stormie!!!
    My first thought when you say that you BOTH seem to have gotten food poisoning from diff fast food places locally is...where do they get their produce from? Contact the local dept of health. Let them know, b/c if you don't report it then they have no record and they can't follow the trends and therefored can't track it if there's a problem from a supplier. Remember a few yrs ago when all of Polk County had tainted produce in their fast food restaurants?
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......