Thread: New Member

Smile New Member

Hi All,

Well, I'm not too new to the SCI but under two years is still pretty new. So much to learn. I was injured on November 28 2004, I'm injured at T11-12 and am pretty mobile. I spent 2 weeks in ICU, and 6 weeks in rehab and returned to college for the spring semester. Sometimes I regret since rehab was cut so short and then only twice a week but I am glad I went back with my friends and boyfriend. Taught me how to socialize again and didn't let me get too depressed. I hated my first wheelchair but love my ti-lite now, and thinking about a kuschall airlight pro as my second chair. My parents and boyfriend have been wonderful--the reason I'm doing so well. Anyways enough info about me for now....

everything else about my accident and injury is prolly on this website my parents and friends set up.

http://www.nicolesmart.com/

Hi Nicole;

Welcome to CC.

John
    "Hope is like a road in the country; there was never a road, but when many people walk on it, the road comes into existence." Lin Yutang

Hello

Hey Nicole, you look great in cap and gown. I hope the gown did not cause too much trouble with your chair. Whats next for ya?

Welcome to CC Nicole!!
    I was in rehab about the same amt of time as you, I understand the feeling of it being short. Great website, congrats on returning to college and graduating!
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......

Hi Nicole.......you were injured six days before me.....you coulda warned me
    C5/6 incomplete

"I assume you all have guns and crack....."

Quote Originally Posted by GoBig
    Hey Nicole, you look great in cap and gown. I hope the gown did not cause too much trouble with your chair. Whats next for ya?

Next who knows, I volunteer at Spaulding Rehab in Boston on the Neuro floor, basically to help new SCI transition so that keeps me busy now. I'm thinking about MA in the spring, till then well rehab I suppose and lots of it. I'm walking in braces and am determined to get better at it so I can travel to Eruope with my mom for my overdue graduation present. After MA school I hope to open my own psychology practice focusing on helping the disabled. Got to keep busy I suppose .....lol

Quote Originally Posted by RehabRhino
    Hi Nicole.......you were injured six days before me.....you coulda warned me

Yeah a warning would have been nice. LOL