Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: spinergy lx wheels

Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    Well, i can`t answer you because i haven`t try a Dinos wheels, send me a pair and i will tell you the difference

So according what you are saying, a wheel like X-core it`s better than Spinergys and Dinos wheels because they haven`t got any flexing in the spokes.

Most definitely would not say an X-core wheel is better than a Spinergy/Dino wheel. They are a mag style "fixed" composite wheel. Not really even comparable. They weigh much more and you do feel it in the push. see you have to take everything into consideration materials weight etc...

Maybe next time your in the market for new wheels and willing to try something new let me know might be able to get you a demo set to try out. Do you live in Spain?

Erick.

Quote Originally Posted by Brianm View Post
    Erick, do the Dino rims make your chair narrower than with the Spinergy rims? The hub looks "thinner".

They do fit into your chair nice..but not sure if it is more than the Spinergys. The inside bearing face to the outside of the hub measures at .5" so that would make 1.0" overall more narrow.

Erick

Quote Originally Posted by Erick [RB] View Post
    Most definitely would not say an X-core wheel is better than a Spinergy/Dino wheel. They are a mag style "fixed" composite wheel. Not really even comparable. They weigh much more and you do feel it in the push. see you have to take everything into consideration materials weight etc...

Maybe next time your in the market for new wheels and willing to try something new let me know might be able to get you a demo set to try out. Do you live in Spain?

Erick.
    I was reaferring that if you are saying that Dinos are more responsive and they`ve got a faster longer rolling than Spinergys because their spokes have got less flexing than LXs, and Lxs loose a lot of pushing power, X-core are more rigid than this two, so X-core will be better for roll because you will not loose pushing power with them, no?

Thanks for the demo, but i`m very happy with my Lx, i go with my chair when i can and i don`t work, down to the beach and up, there is about 8 miles and i don`t notice any difference about loosing power.
    When i saw where i loose power is in the frame of the chair, because is a GTX and it`s folding, that`s because the next it`s going to be rigid, but if you loose power with the wheel it will be minimum and we can`t notice that minimum difference.

Yes i live in Spain, speak with Pau of http://www.atbach.com/ he is a dealer of Spain, he can speak english and maybe is interisting in sell this wheels.

have you actually used X-Cores, Erick?

the bulk of their weight is near the hub, and the extra weight actually isn't very noticeable when pushing... some, yes, but it *is* more noticeable when holding the wheel by itself & side-by-side with a Spinergy/etc.

They do fit into your chair nice..but not sure if it is more than the Spinergys. The inside bearing face to the outside of the hub measures at .5" so that would make 1.0" overall more narrow.

Erick
    Interesting, saving an inch intrigues me.

Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    I was reaferring that if you are saying that Dinos are more responsive and they`ve got a faster longer rolling than Spinergys because their spokes have got less flexing than LXs, and Lxs loose a lot of pushing power, X-core are more rigid than this two, so X-core will be better for roll because you will not loose pushing power with them, no?

Thanks for the demo, but i`m very happy with my Lx, i go with my chair when i can and i don`t work, down to the beach and up, there is about 8 miles and i don`t notice any difference about loosing power.
    When i saw where i loose power is in the frame of the chair, because is a GTX and it`s folding, that`s because the next it`s going to be rigid, but if you loose power with the wheel it will be minimum and we can`t notice that minimum difference.

Yes i live in Spain, speak with Pau of http://www.atbach.com/ he is a dealer of Spain, he can speak english and maybe is interisting in sell this wheels.
    Different material.. aluminum is much more rigid than the x-cores carbon.Like I said if you decide to try something new the proof is in the pudding.Thanks for the contact man I appreciate it.
    Last edited by Erick [RB]; 05-02-2009 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Pruett View Post

the bulk of their weight is near the hub, and the extra weight actually isn't very noticeable when pushing... some, yes, but it *is* more noticeable when holding the wheel by itself & side-by-side with a Spinergy/etc.

Yes I have used the X-cores however it was the first generation. Been rolling for 20yrs now. Maybe they have made improvements since then..but the weight made a difference to me in pushing. The ones I used also had an osculating feel to them when you rolled fast. How do you like the Rogue wheels? I have tried to get into contact with them but been unsuccessful.
    Last edited by Erick [RB]; 05-01-2009 at 09:16 PM.

Gotcha. Can't argue w/ experience, although yes, mine has been a little different. No big deal, just wanted to see if you were blowing steam about a competing product.

The Rogue wheels have been great so far, although I haven't had them but a few months. They share similar benefits of rigidity that you describe about the Dino.

I'll PM you info to get in touch w/ someone @ Rogue/Marvel directly...

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Pruett View Post

And...it has been my experience that because of the lack of flex X-Cores do tend to split and shatter. I know several people whose X-Cores did not flex and shattered on them.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss