Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: spinergy lx wheels

can you use the quad release axles on spinergy wheels?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy H
    can you use the quad release axles on spinergy wheels?
    yup, i use the colours quad releases.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Has anyone else heard any stories about the new Spinergy LX wheels spliting at the hubs where the spokes are inserted?

I wonder if I put these on a chair with D's Locks brakes if the added stress at the hub would be too much for them.

I like the concept and the look of the LXs but am now a bit wary. Does slotting the hubs to shave off that little bit of extra weight compromise the hub strength?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    Interesting wheels. Anyone option out some titanium push rims with any of these fancy wheels? I'd be curious how heavy your average aluminum handrim is to see if that would be something for me to get.
    Titanium is heavier than aluminum. Unless they use less material they would be heavier.

I know this is an old thread but was wondering on thoughts on LX vs SPOX. Does the majority still like the LX best?

lx man. best wheel ive ever run. i have had spox, and slx and lx are the best
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps
    lx man. best wheel ive ever run. i have had spox, and slx and lx are the best
    This may sound like a stupid question, BUT here goes...... Fuente, you weigh around 220lbs right? Does losing a 1/2lb to a lb on your wheels really make a big difference? I weigh around 230lbs, and was just wondering.

Dave
    Dave

It's not a stupid question. I'm 180-185# & I have a set of 24" LXs that I rarely use (and consequently will likely sell) in favor of my older 25" XCores w/ mountain bike tires. I personally like the ride w/ lower pressures in the tires & the larger diameter. Sure, the xcore combo is heavier, but it doesn't change how well I get around. To each their own though. The LXs are nice for sure. 1/2 a pound might make a little difference, but nothing earthshattering.

just my $0.02.

for me yes. because im constantly breaking the chair down and putting in/out of my car. going from box frame[eclipse] to the l frame razor was like night and day thou

Quote Originally Posted by Herco16
    This may sound like a stupid question, BUT here goes...... Fuente, you weigh around 220lbs right? Does losing a 1/2lb to a lb on your wheels really make a big difference? I weigh around 230lbs, and was just wondering.

Dave
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

I got the Spinergy LX and I like them a lot. Put some SHOX solid tires on them and some Pushblack handrims. It's a great set-up.