Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: spinergy lx wheels

Has anyone noticed if they are still as stiff as a normal spinergy? How do they (originals and the new Lx or SLx) compare in flex or give to a wire spoke?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff B
    Has anyone noticed if they are still as stiff as a normal spinergy? How do they (originals and the new Lx or SLx) compare in flex or give to a wire spoke?
    the spoke is alot thicker jeff, big difference
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

I'm assuming that means they are stiffer?

So does anyone have some tips on how to get the tires on and off easily? I would take them to a bicycle shop but do not have one within a reasonable amount of distance from my home/work.

I bought this neat tire remover tool that made it a breeze to get tire off old chair (non-Spinergy wheels), but it doesn't help much now.
    -ResonantEcho - T6/T7 Complete - October 31st, 1986

Quote Originally Posted by ResonantEcho
    So does anyone have some tips on how to get the tires on and off easily? I would take them to a bicycle shop but do not have one within a reasonable amount of distance from my home/work.
    Look at the links I posted in my reply to you above. The Pedro's tire tool makes it easy. I also bought a set of the plastic tire tools from sportaid to replace a set I got at a bicycle shop. The ones from sportaid were much thicker and don't bend like the ones I got at a bicycle shop. Use the Pedro tool to pop the tire over the rim. Stick a plastic tool in and hook the loop on a spoke to hold it. Then stick the Pedro tool in and slide it arond the rim.
    Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by jimnms
    Look at the links I posted in my reply to you above.
    Sorry, Jim. I noticed your post but wasn't clear if you had Spinergy wheels.

I will give it a shot. I'm sitting here with one tire changed and the other with old tire. The tool I mentioned in my previous post broke while trying to get tire off second wheel. And cheap plastic levers will not work at all. I cannot believe how hard it is to get tires on and off these things. Very frustrating and time consuming. Furthermore, I always manage to cut my fingers.

This tool looks like it would be great to have:

http://www.biketoolsetc.com/index.cg...em_id=PA-TL-10
    Last edited by ResonantEcho; 05-31-2006 at 11:44 AM.
    -ResonantEcho - T6/T7 Complete - October 31st, 1986

I just use a few screwdrivers wrapped in cloth to get the tires off and on my Spinergy rim. Using a tool to put the tire back on probably increases the likelihood of damaging the tube, but I can't get the tire back on the rim without it.

share some pics man!
    Blah

yo guys.

update

the slx wheels rock. super light, and quiet. 2 thumbs up. get a set if u can. best wheels i have ever ran
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Interesting wheels. Anyone option out some titanium push rims with any of these fancy wheels? I'd be curious how heavy your average aluminum handrim is to see if that would be something for me to get.

Getting tires on Spinergys, I'll join the club with finding that a pain in the ass too. I use Vtracks on mine, and every time I change them it seems that I manage to have to fix a hole I put in one of the tubes, grrr. The main problem with changes is the dish in the middle of the rim when looking from the inside is narrow and pretty shallow. If you dont get most of the bead in that area the tire is a pain to take off. Getting them on is kind of a chore too, I am wondering if that is the tires I use or if the rims have a high wall...? I use some kind of plastic spoon to lever the tires, but the main fight is getting the bead positioned where it needs to be so successful levering can be done.