Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: spinergy lx wheels

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

spinergy lx wheels

mine arrived yesterday. took 3 weeks becaus i wanted blue spokes.
    first impression, look great, very light and spokes are double normal thickness. i have 3 sets of spinergys including these new lx series. these things are the bomb. my other sets are all spox 24 spoke version. these are about 1/2 the weight.

im mounting these on my new eclipse. its gunmetal grey. these blue spokes are subtle but add just enough color to the new chair.

i highly reccommend them.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

cool... i'm looking at a set for my next manual chair. wasn't aware they were ~ 1/2 the weight of the spox. i have a friend who is on a pro cycling team and his wheels are lighter than any w/c wheel i've ever picked up (prob. due to handrims)... can't recall what they were though... but they're likely close in weight to the lx's.

I talked to one of the spinergy reps at the abilities expo. He showed me how they make them and discussed the strengths etc.. The spokes are a bunch of tiny fibers and before they're put in they're about 9 inches long. They're rubbery. You can tie them in a knot. When they're assembled, they stretch and then are baked in an oven which makes them hard giving them strength. It's really amazing how light and strong they are, especially the mountain bike wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps
    i highly reccommend them.
    Pictures?

Speaking of Spinergy Wheels. I have the HARDEST time getting tires on and off them. Anyone else experience this?
    -ResonantEcho - T6/T7 Complete - October 31st, 1986

Quote Originally Posted by ResonantEcho
    Speaking of Spinergy Wheels. I have the HARDEST time getting tires on and off them. Anyone else experience this?
    YES YES YES YES YES......I bring mine into the bike shop....even the bike shop guys have trouble getting tires on 'em...
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......

these may be easier. the rim is much thinner. they did their homework oin these lx wheels
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

Quote Originally Posted by ResonantEcho
    Pictures?

The only ones I've ever had trouble with are those generic grey everyday tires. I just replaced my tires, I took off Primo Extreme Kevlar and put on Kenda Court tires. I did have a little help from my friend Pedro this time. I've taken the Primo's on and off before just using those generic plastic tire levers to get it started, then I could just roll the tire off and back on with my hand.
    Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.

Are the LX hubs any narrower than the Spox hubs?

i got some and they ARE light as hell. very cool. highly reccomend them. i have some glance polished aluminum wheels, and when i switch them, its a huge difference. i love both sets. one for looks, and the other for lightness.
    Last edited by joshstevens7; 05-27-2006 at 01:32 PM.
    Josh S.
    T6 complete as of 7/17/03

I Actually Have Slx Not Lx. 18 Spokes. Still Cant Believe How Light They Are
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com