Thread: Versions of lyrica

Versions of lyrica

How many different types of pill does lyrica come in? I know it comes in capsules, but I need to avoid those. Does it come in tablet form? What else?

The capsules have chemical in them called sodium lauryl sulfate which causes a lot of irritation for me, whether it be in lotion going on my hands, or in the type of Gabapentin that I started getting from the VA. The VA used to get supplied from a manufacturer called ivax, when they switched to purepac I started having trouble. When I looked into it I found out that one of the inactive ingredients is sodium lauryl sulfate. I've noticed that when it is in soap or lotions that it causes my hands to break out, and since the VA switched to the different manufacturer I've had a ton of abdominal pain that can't be explained anything else. The old manufacturer, ivax, did not have it in there.

So I'd like to switched to lyrica but need to find a type of pill that's not going to cause me problems. What else is out there?

Is the Lyrica you talk of the same Pregnabalin ?
    C-5 incomplete , walking with crutches. In controlled pain. Respect to all SCI people.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottS
    How many different types of pill does lyrica come in? I know it comes in capsules, but I need to avoid those. Does it come in tablet form? What else?

LYRICA (pregabalin) Capsules are supplied as imprinted hard-shell capsules containing 25, 50, 75, 100, 150, 200, 225, and 300 mg of pregabalin, along with lactose monohydrate, cornstarch, and talc as inactive ingredients.

The capsule shells contain gelatin and titanium dioxide. In addition, the orange capsule shells contain redironoxide and the whitecapsule shells contain sodium lauryl sulfate and colloidal silicon dioxide. Colloidal silicondioxide is a manufacturing aid that may or may not be present in the capsule shells. The imprinting ink contains shellac, blackiron oxide, propylene glycol, and potassium hydroxide.

Could you theoretically take the Lyrica and dump it from the capsule shell and take the med disolved somehow that way? Thus not getting the ingredient that you are sensitive to?
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......

Thanks for all the info! I ended up getting prescribed Gabapentin but this time in a tablet form instead of the capsule. I know Gabapentin helps, so now I'll be able to see if removing that chemical, sodium lauryl sulfate, will help me with this abdominal pain. Hopefully it won't take too long...