Thread: Worse Pain Since I broke my Back

Worse Pain Since I broke my Back

Hi all, today i was chillin watching tv and my lower backpain shot to a ten plus and to top it off i started feeling like another UTI was coming on. My pain was so bad all i could do is just lay there on the couch sweating profusely hoping the pain will go away. After about 30 minutes of pure agony I called my girlfriend to take me to the ER. Sure enough, I have a kidney stone lodged ureter near the opening of my bladder. I am calling the urologist in the morning and the doc gave me some flowmax and an antibiotic. I was wondering if stones are common because of the SCI. Plus I have been taking calcium pills to help prevent ostiperosis and am not sure if this could be the cause of the build up of calcium. Mine is only 3 mil so from what the doc said it should pass in the next couple of days. Have any of you guys been through this? I know we are all different injury levels, so im sure some get AD or different levels of pain, so I cant really ask about the pain of passing the stone, but what i would like to know is what if the stone wont go through my cath once it does pass?

Thanks,
    danius

Quote Originally Posted by danius
    Hi all, today i was chillin watching tv and my lower backpain shot to a ten plus and to top it off i started feeling like another UTI was coming on. My pain was so bad all i could do is just lay there on the couch sweating profusely hoping the pain will go away. After about 30 minutes of pure agony I called my girlfriend to take me to the ER. Sure enough, I have a kidney stone lodged ureter near the opening of my bladder. I am calling the urologist in the morning and the doc gave me some flowmax and an antibiotic. I was wondering if stones are common because of the SCI. Plus I have been taking calcium pills to help prevent ostiperosis and am not sure if this could be the cause of the build up of calcium. Mine is only 3 mil so from what the doc said it should pass in the next couple of days. Have any of you guys been through this? I know we are all different injury levels, so im sure some get AD or different levels of pain, so I cant really ask about the pain of passing the stone, but what i would like to know is what if the stone wont go through my cath once it does pass?

Thanks,
    danius
    Danius, stones are indeed very common in people with spinal cord injury and they do cause the most severe pain. Some people have likened the pain of a kidney stone to that of childbirth. It will pass. The fact that you can feel it is a little reassuring, however.

Wise.

Thanks Dr Young. I guess I am lucky the stone in small.