Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What a difference a light chair makes - LOVE LOVE LOVE MY KUSCHALL

The trick with my insurance (WCB) is that they won't buy titanium for a back up chair but the Kuschalls titanium parts are optional so WCB bought it sans titanium which would only save ~3 lbs anyhow. They also wouldn't buy spinergys but bought Star tek which are lighter. it was 4,330 Canadian $.

Quote Originally Posted by Emi2
    Wow, I've been using my new Kuschall manual chair for the last 3 days because my power chair picked a long weekend to get a flat, and what a difference from my Quickie XTR. Why they let a female quad leave rehab with that 40lb monster I'll NEVER understand. I wheeled around a mall for 3+ hours without a single push, ache or pain! In my XTR I wouldn't have even made it through Sears!
    With a bit of weight training and losing 60 more lbs (10 down since March!) I could seriously use this as my everyday chair except for a couple monster hills/ramps that are in my daily life.

I have http://www.kuschallna.com/index.php?...id=8&Itemid=29 the Airlite Pro (without the titanium because insurance wouldn't pay) and a Stimulite countour cushion and I don't need that freaking J2 back so I'm probably pushing around 25lbs - its flippin' AMAZING!

So for anyone considering an Ultralight chair - get it get it get it!

yayyyyy, for you.

i did away with my jay2 back also an just got the adjustable tension back. it made my back feel a whole lot better an i can tell the weight difference.

I got the Kuschall AirLite off ebay, a demo for $650.00. Love it. Even my husband nticed how much easier it is for him to push than my Ti folder was.

Yay for Emi!

Emi-
    I haven't heard of the Star Tek wheels...do you have a link to them? I'd like to see 'em. Thx.
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......

Quote Originally Posted by Broknwing
    Emi-
    I haven't heard of the Star Tek wheels...do you have a link to them? I'd like to see 'em. Thx.
    I just checked... They"re Kuschell rim and Starec hubs..... They're proprietary(sp) wheel offered by Kuschell only. It'd be hard to saywhich would be lighter, don't believe dealers estimates. Spinergys have great bearings, which makes life much better.

Either way, it only matters if YOU like it.

Thanks for the info Paton
    I do remember they were pretty light when I demo-ed the Airlite Pro before....
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......

i got mine in march like this one http://www.kueschall.ch/en/K_Seri_894.asp ..iam very happy with mine with the soft rolls on the front , not the weight savings i thought there would be (lifting wise) .but man does it roll smooth..

That's cool. I have a Top-End Titanium chair with Spinergy tires...I LOVE it...when it's warm out anyway. Sport tires do not do very well in snow...