Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What a difference a light chair makes - LOVE LOVE LOVE MY KUSCHALL

What a difference a light chair makes - LOVE LOVE LOVE MY KUSCHALL

Wow, I've been using my new Kuschall manual chair for the last 3 days because my power chair picked a long weekend to get a flat, and what a difference from my Quickie XTR. Why they let a female quad leave rehab with that 40lb monster I'll NEVER understand. I wheeled around a mall for 3+ hours without a single push, ache or pain! In my XTR I wouldn't have even made it through Sears!
    With a bit of weight training and losing 60 more lbs (10 down since March!) I could seriously use this as my everyday chair except for a couple monster hills/ramps that are in my daily life.

I have http://www.kuschallna.com/index.php?...id=8&Itemid=29 the Airlite Pro (without the titanium because insurance wouldn't pay) and a Stimulite countour cushion and I don't need that freaking J2 back so I'm probably pushing around 25lbs - its flippin' AMAZING!

So for anyone considering an Ultralight chair - get it get it get it!

Glad that you are loving your manual chair! Hope you get to use it more often How long have you had the Kuschall in your posession? Keep at it & it'll get even easier!!! BTW, if ya want a rigid back, but don't want a heavy one, the Roho Jetstream Pro is only 1-2lbs(depending on wether you can use the low back or need the high one) and I LOVE it

Congrats on pushing!!! Have fun doing it some more
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......

I'm getting my new chair in the next couple of weeks. It's a Pathera U2 Light and is suppose to be the lightest manual chair in the world. Its about 14lbs total. I'm a T3 incomplete and having a superlight chair makes all the difference.

http://www.panthera.se/index-eng.html

40lb chair is just crazy of them to give you. MADMEN
    Quote Originally Posted by paolocipolla View Post
    Moe,

I... don't care about what I think ... you should just ignore my posts.

I don't understand ... words.

Paolo

Emi, I have had two kuschalls and love both of them. That chair is certainly one that I will consider for my next one, although I tend to shy away from the lack of adjustability as I have messed up the measurements on one chair that I have.

ROCK ON. the rite chair is key, especially for a quad
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

HOW THE HELL DO YOU PEOPLE GET SUCK LITE CHAIRS? My A4 Ti is push'n 37lbsish. With spinergys, roho and J2 tall.

Aahhhhhhhhhh

Oh Glad your enjoying your chair.

Emi, glad you're enjoying your chair.

@ Patonb

I've had my Quickie 2 for 12 years, am looking to go for the Küschall's Champion -- it's covered by ADP now. What I have to check is the width, I need 18" and the specs say it'll go to 17.5".
    I'll be talking today I hope with my sales rep and ask him whether the Küschall's Ultra-Light is also covered by ADP -- it's a tad lighter.
    I do have to stick with the foldables because I didn't get any insurance settlements so my car is a 1988 K-car and while I could place the rigid on the passenger seat when I'm with my wife it has to go in the back seat and a rigid won't go over the top and then she would have to put it in the back causing her to overextend herself and one chair in the family is enough.

Maybe you should check it out with your PT or MD, you are a lot younger but those rotator cuffs will go at some point.
    Han Tacoma

~ Artificial Intelligence is better than none! ~

are you kidding me! i cannot wait to get my Quickie GTX!
    i am still in my Invacare 9000XT.... all 38lbs of her. but all this heavy chair practice should make it easier later
    Don't cry because it is over, smile because it happened

Hey nico,
    Quote Originally Posted by nicotico
    are you kidding me! i cannot wait to get my Quickie GTX!
    i am still in my Invacare 9000XT.... all 38lbs of her. but all this heavy chair practice should make it easier later
    ...doesn't mean that at 59 I still benchpress 190 lbs.

BTW, one of your avatars had a volcano, ...was that El Arenal?
    Han Tacoma

~ Artificial Intelligence is better than none! ~

LaziS......... Quad so ADP got me a P/C with tilt. No insurance so it was out of my own pocket. Barely use my P/C tho, and with my new E.motions that'll be even less.