Thread: Screen changing colors

Screen changing colors

Hello everyone,

My computer screen has been flickering between different colors of late. The dominant color to which it changes is pink. The change last for a matter of seconds. Is this indicitive of my needing a new screen ?
    Thanks for any advise.

I'm not a pro, but my first guess/answer would be probably....but before you go out and buy a new one...mess with the color settings. How old is it? what brand? If it's a phillips magnavox, they have WONDERFUL customer service and will help you(possibly replace it free or pro-rated if it's not very old) Adjust the color knobs, check the connectors to make sure it's firmly connected on both ends.

hope this helps...
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......

Quote Originally Posted by Broknwing
    I'm not a pro, but my first guess/answer would be probably....but before you go out and buy a new one...mess with the color settings. How old is it? what brand? If it's a phillips magnavox, they have WONDERFUL customer service and will help you(possibly replace it free or pro-rated if it's not very old) Adjust the color knobs, check the connectors to make sure it's firmly connected on both ends.

hope this helps...
    Thanks for the advise. I'll try what you suggest.

eagle, do you have a CRT monitor? If so, one of the tubes could have blown, causing the tint.
    ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

green and pink right? i have a crt in the house that does that. connections or settings didn't fix it. if it were my main screen it'd piss me off and i'd buy a new one. so if it pisses you off, buy a new one. if you can live with it, do nothing.

Look at the connector, make sure that none of the pins are bent.

Move the connector around while looking at the screen. If it gets better and worse, it is the cable, and can be replaced for the cost of the cable, if your monitor supports it.

If not, monitors are amazingly cheap nowadays. Either buy a new one or if that isn't feasible, try to pick one up used. Can probably get a used monitor for under $30, if you can track down someone selling them.

-- JB

I had a Sony monitor that went pink on me. If you can, borrow a monitor to make sure that's the problem. It could just as well be that your video card (or chip) is going bad. If you can borrow a video card and test it in your computer that would be helpful in the diagnosis too.

In all likelihood, it's one or the other!
    "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle." - Philo of Alexandria