Thread: Just Reminded Of Something in Rehab!

Just Reminded Of Something in Rehab!

Okay, yesterday at rehab my PT did an evaluation on me to see how far I've progressed since I've been doing outpaitient therapy and I've got good news, I think. I've got another muscle movement back. My therapist wanted to see if I had ANYTHING in my legs so we tried something. I was laying down on my back on a bed-type-thingy and he grabbed my left ankle and pulled it to him. He was standing in front of my legs like this
    . . . . . . .. . . O
    Me--> O----< | <----him

So imagine him pulling my left ankle like that. He told me to try and pull my leg back to me and I had no luck. So he pulled my right ankle and told me to pull back and when I started trying, he said he felt my leg straining to go back to me. He wanted to try again to check and see if it was just a fluke and when he pulled and I tried pulling my leg back, he said he felt my leg being pulled back again. He said the second one was weaker than the first time but he said he definately felt the muscle pulling back. Which muscle was working for that and what excersizes can I do to strengthen it????? Also, when I was in the rehab hospital, my PT did the same thing and she said that she felt the right hip muscles TRYING to work but nothing happened. She had her fingers on my hip. Hehe My body is coming back, I think

i've had the same positive news given to me but i am still skeptical until i see visual results..... i am going back to pool therapy next week i think thats were i can prove it to myself
    Don't cry because it is over, smile because it happened

Quote Originally Posted by nicotico
    i've had the same positive news given to me but i am still skeptical until i see visual results..... i am going back to pool therapy next week i think thats were i can prove it to myself
    Damn you replied fast, I haven't tried pool therapy. How does that work?

not to sound dumb, but you just get in the pool and with the reduction of gravity things go smoother. sit on a chair and work the trunk or stand on the side or have someone cradle you and try to move your muscles
    Don't cry because it is over, smile because it happened

Okay, I'll have to try that, I'm just a bit scared of getting in the water.